Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuting cleats

Options
  • 26-03-2014 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Just looking for suggestions/ opinions on commuting clipless. Have Look cleats on racing/training bike and mountain bike spds on my commuter (have about a 5-10 min walk to work)

Am due an upgrade for both and ideally Id like to get one pair of shoes and one system as I had/have occasional knee issues so want to get the sizing identical in both. So any suggestions??? get 2 systems again or is there a single system that is compatable with recessed cleats and stiff soles for racing? (I invested in a goniometer so if two systems is the way to go, I can just set up both bikes seperately)

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Eggbeaters work well for both..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Ryder wrote: »
    Just looking for suggestions/ opinions on commuting clipless. Have Look cleats on racing/training bike and mountain bike spds on my commuter (have about a 5-10 min walk to work)

Am due an upgrade for both and ideally Id like to get one pair of shoes and one system as I had/have occasional knee issues so want to get the sizing identical in both. So any suggestions??? get 2 systems again or is there a single system that is compatable with recessed cleats and stiff soles for racing? (I invested in a goniometer so if two systems is the way to go, I can just set up both bikes seperately)

Thanks

I think you will have an easier time finding walking-style bike shoes that have SPD as opposed to SPD-SLs. Any shoe I saw with SL's was a road shoe and wouldn't be suitable for walking a km (e.g., 10 mins?).

Plenty of MTB shoes fit the bill and look like trainers, with soles and SPDs for pedals e.g., like the A530.

Advertisement