Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some advice please

Options
  • 26-03-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have been using a VIP photon kit since January and loved the fact that i generally get a good smoke from it BUt recently the taste has become a little burnt, i have changed the clearomizers and cleaned the battery teminals and changed the liquid but still the same, am thinking i am ready to "move up" to something else but am so confused as to what i want. I like the amount of vapour and the throat hit i get from the VIp so want something similar. I also need a reputable reliable on line shop to get something. I do NOT want anything with a wick as i tried one and hated it. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Berch wrote: »
    I have been using a VIP photon kit since January and loved the fact that i generally get a good smoke from it BUt recently the taste has become a little burnt, i have changed the clearomizers and cleaned the battery teminals and changed the liquid but still the same, am thinking i am ready to "move up" to something else but am so confused as to what i want. I like the amount of vapour and the throat hit i get from the VIp so want something similar. I also need a reputable reliable on line shop to get something. I do NOT want anything with a wick as i tried one and hated it. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Wicks are pretty much an integral part of any atomiser, but you may prefer a bottom coil type, like an evod.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

The Photon kit is pretty much an Ego battery (similar to Evod) but with a different (poorer) clearomizer so moving 'up' could be just changing your clearo.

Evods are good - cheap, easy to fill, and the wick is at the bottom which many prefer. All Irish vendors have them for about €6. If you can, buy 2. They are cheap so sometimes it seems some just come out of the packet better than others.

People also say a lot of good things about the mini protank 2 by the same company (Kanger). More expensive but superior build etc. Never used them but they're highly rated.

Personally I've recently converted to cartomizers which are basically whats on the basic VIP cig-a-likes. This is personal preference, it's older technology, but at about €1.50 for a BOGE 510 cart, it could be worth a try. You can then get them in tanks/bigger sizes etc. if you like the general feel of them.

For batteries, a change would be getting a Variable Voltage one. The Vision Spinners, Ego/Evod twists are the entry level ones. Same size as what you have but you can control how much power will go to the clearomizer, giving a stronger or milder hit etc.

These are not a massive moves up from what you have, although the type of clearo makes a BIG difference imo, so if you want a considerable change you'll have to wait for a more experienced poster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Berch

brilliant, just the kind of info I was looking for, thanks for that appreciated

Advertisement