Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Beginner

Options
  • 26-03-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hey im 23, very interested in mma. i am huge fan of ufc. i hav recently wanted to start getting fit and healthy. i hav also stopped smoking to this end. anyways a m8 of mine started kickboxing about a year ago and he is now taking part in amatuer mma bouts and i wud love to do something like this myself.
    my friend is glenn doyle, he has videos on youtube of some of his amateur bouts.
    i believe he is training in loughlinstown with newgenerationgym.
    i hav also heard of ultimatefitnessireland based in naas.
    both of these gyms are a little bit far aways for me. im living in dundrum
    i am wondering if Fiannagym is still open in sandyford? just there website fiannagym.com is not working and old contact info on this website for them is old and not ringing.
    also wud ppl recommend fiannagym for mma beginners training?
    which gym wud be best for a beginner like me?
    any1 hav any advice / suggestions?
    also does a person need to be fit / conditioned to start beginners mma?

TY in advance for any and all reply's.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Where do you live? If people know that then they can suggest gyms that are close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Puredarkness

im living in dundrum area

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They should be plenty options for you. Especially with the M50 so close.
    In Dundrum itself, I only know Gracie Barra Dublin. But I'm sure somebody else will have more of an idea whats nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Blackthorn Fight School

The Fianna guys are still going though I do not know their training times so sadly cant help.

Gracie Barra is in dundrum for BJJ and Chris Bowe is a truly excellent teacher apart from that the only other MMA gym near that i know of would be SBG blackrock.

Either way good luck I hope you enjoy it and find a gym that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Most MMA gyms in Ireland hardly ever compete in MMA, so check out if the club you are looking at does before you join if competition is your goal, If you just want to train a bit then it doesn't really matter either way.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement