Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roland VS 1824: CD Drive Writer Error

Options
  • 26-03-2014 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone got a Roland VS 1824? (Virtual Studio)

Having difficulty with burning data/songs to discs. I always used to be able to use Verbatim CD brand, buy now the drive is crashing all the time with those.

However the drive will burn CD's using a CD Rewriteable disc, which is OK for now.

The CD burner was always very choosy/picky/crashing, but there's no more quality brands I can get hold of to burn to CD. (Any suggestions for quality brands, if indeed that will sort the problem).

Is the CD writer on the way out? Can replacement CD burners be got and fitted easily?

There is an SCSI output on the VS 1824. Is that to connect to a PC? if so, could I do all the downloading via that? And if so, what software would I need?

Cheers for any advice..

Advertisement