Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insecure about who my boyfriend is working with

Options
  • 26-03-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My boyfriend is after landing his dream job, working in a gym. I'm delighted for him, it's what he's wanted over the last few years we are together.

I recently went to this gym. And got scared!!

There was lots of women working there. And I dont mean normal women (something I very much am!) but absolute fabulous, toned, models.

I know this is COMPLETELY my issue - its my paranoia - but I can't get it out of his head how much he is clearly going to fancy these girls (they are most men's dream). They are also incredibly flirty with the men in there I have noticed.

I know I am going to get lots of "the issue here is that you don't trust your boyfriend". That's not what I think. I trust him. But how can I get it out of my head that these girls that he will be now spending so much time are so much better than me, and that he will go off me?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,125 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

he is with you because he wants to be, maybe flirty, loud girls are the last thing he wants and will come home every day laughing about the oompa loompas he has to work with all day long? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Of course he'll fancy them,you cannot emasculate him!
    He comes home to you though and with an appetite I'll bet :)
    Enjoy him and don't be thinking about what's not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrsinsecure

GreeBo wrote: »
    he is with you because he wants to be, maybe flirty, loud girls are the last thing he wants and will come home every day laughing about the oompa loompas he has to work with all day long? :)

Yes this is what I'm hoping. I guess what Im looking for is ways to stop me thinking in such a negative way, instead of just relaxing and enjoying our relationship! Like I said I really am delighted for him that he got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrsinsecure

whitebriar wrote: »
    Of course he'll fancy them,you cannot emasculate him!
    He comes home to you though and with an appetite I'll bet :)
    Enjoy him and don't be thinking about what's not happening.

Sorry but I really wouldnt like the idea of him coming home with an appetite to me :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

out of his head how much he is clearly going to fancy these girls (they are most men's boy's dream).

I'm in a not dissimilar position in my job, but I just cannot wait to get home to my gf at the end of the day. The thoughts of wasting anymore time than is necessary with colleagues and clients, and that's all they are, leaves me cold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement