Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete novice - some advice

Options
  • 26-03-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have been thinking about trying this for a while. I know a few people that have successfully stopped smoking.

I would smoke about 15 - 20 cigarettes a day. It is costing me a fortune.

Can anyone recommend a website that is good for ordering a starter kit? I really don't know what I'm looking for.

I smoke menthol cigarettes so I would prefer to get a menthol liquid.

Any basic advice for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

don't get to basic and cheap a kit, it will just piss you off and you'll be back on the ciggies, spend a bit more and make it easier for yourself, will save you in the long run as well, buy cheap, buy twice etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I would go to www.e-smokeireland.eu and check out either the aspire twist starter kit, or the evod twist starter kit.

Either of those is a good way to get going.

I don't do menthol I'm afraid so can't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

My advice would be if you can get to a kiosk where you can try them -

Try the exact same juice, at the same nicotine level, in both a cartomizer (the ones that look like a cigarette) and a clearomizer (the fat, glass ones where you can see the liquid inside).

Decide out of which system you prefer the vape. Don't worry about anything else but your preference. Either ones can be made from buying bottles of e-liquid and will cost about the same to run.

I went with the one I didn't prefer because I thought it would be cheaper, it was 'the better' one etc. and I really regret it.

Whatever works, go with it. There are tonnes of Irish sellers that will have a very good starter kit in whichever route you go down and a couple of youtube videos will teach you the relevant basics of whchever route you went.

If you cant get to try them, there's a thread here on starter kits (and other issues)

EDIT: Menthol seems to be a pretty solid buy no matter who makes it. Some can be very minty (I've tried the DEA Mint) and some can have a heavy tobacco flavour (VIP Triple Menthol) but generally they're safe enough buys and the cheaper (in price not necessarily quality), chinese ones (Hangsen,Dekang) which a lot of Irish shops sell get very good feedback. Liqua seem to do a good one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

the cartomiser ones i found i was spending more on them than the actual ciggies, so id say stick to the clearomizors

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gastons

Thanks for the replies!

I'm sure there is a stand in my local centre the does them so I'll check them out on Friday.

Great advice, thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

Recommend Wingnuts "Extreme Menthol" if that's your thing, from e-smokeireland.

Advertisement