Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low cost seat post for 7x9 carbon railed saddle? Carbon or alloy?

Options
  • 26-03-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anybody got any suggestions on a low cost seat post to use with a 7x9 Oval carbon railed saddle? I saw the good offer on the Specialized Toupe Pro in the bargains thread and couldn't resist.

So that means that I now need a new seatpost!

As the saddle has carbon rails would a carbon seat post still make much of a difference in the road buzz? I don't much care about weight but I do care about comfort & cost.

I use a cheap carbon (and glass fibre) seat post with my metal railed Romin Evo Pro and that made a noticable difference over the stiff alloy seatpost on really long rides where my legs lose their shock absorbency over time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

What seat post do you have now? Unless it's a side-clamping type something like this:

IMGP0112.jpg

then you shouldn't need to change it. Anything designed for standard rails that clamps from above/below will work with those carbon rails.

Otherwise just get whatever matches your bars and stem. MATCHY MATCHY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

niceonetom wrote: »
    What seat post do you have now? Unless it's a side-clamping type something like this:

then you shouldn't need to change it. Anything designed for standard rails that clamps from above/below will work with those carbon rails.

Otherwise just get whatever matches your bars and stem. MATCHY MATCHY.

I've got this at the moment - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tifosi-carbon-seat-post/

Cheap but comfortable.

I didn't know that it was likely to work with 7x9 rails - thanks, that's really helpful!

No chance of matchy-matchy, my kids are too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I think that'll work fine with the new saddle.

Advertisement