Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lone Parent going back to work

Options
  • 26-03-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I am currently on OPF getting 306 a week as I have four kids. My gross earnings will be around 280 a week, and I get 150 a week maintenance. Can anyone tell me what my OPF payment will reduce to. I need to weigh up my options as I will need to be paying childcare if I return to work. Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

New OPFP €211
    if you are going to be orking 19+ hours per week for at least 3 months then you may also qualify for FIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Also some areas qualify for childminding for people going back to work. Enquire at your local office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Flyingkiwi

Thanks for that information, I will look into FIS and see what my options are. Then it will be the small impossible matter of sorting my children out with a childminder

Advertisement