Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Roof Rack for 2+ Bikes

Options
  • 26-03-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Guys,

As the heading says, I am looking for a good safe roof rack for my bikes. As I will be doing the Ring of Kerry this year I need to drive 450+ km to get to Kerry and I want a solid and safe rack that will support a minimum of 2 bikes.

Any ideas? Are any of the ones in Halfords any good or should I be looking elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

I use 2 Thule 561 racks on the roof. Absolutely solid and the bikes are going no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Craig06 wrote: »
    I use 2 Thule 561 racks on the roof. Absolutely solid and the bikes are going no where.

Thanks,

Is there a model that supports two bikes or would you recommend going with the 2 single ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Craig06 wrote: »

I use two cheapo racks on the roof. The bikes go wherever the car goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i use thule my oldest carrier is around 25 years old my rack is over 10 years old and just managed to buy bits to change it to fit my skoda at halfords in sligo very helpful and knowledgable (i know !)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I put this add up on the external adverts page. 2 x bike roof racks. I think I'm selling them for dirt cheap at €60 for two. A chap offered €60, which I accepted but haven't heard from him in a while. Info and links here.

That 561 Thule job looks great. There was a thread on this last week where the OP was giving people a heads up on his experience. If you use these roof racks, don't let the bike(s) out of your site for too long. Sounds fairly easy to get the bike off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement