Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC M8 dot case

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Is it a dye it yourself jobbie?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

padyjoe wrote: »
    Is it a dye it yourself jobbie?

Lol That was meant to be due in DOH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Is this a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

1jcdub wrote: »
    Dot case for the new HTC One M8 €20 on expansys.ie due in stock in 3 days!
    http://www.expansys.ie/htc-one-m8-dot-flip-case-grey-hc-m100-retail-blister-258361/

Will this work with last year's m7?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

1jcdub wrote: »
    Dot case for the new HTC One M8 €20 on expansys.ie due in stock in 3 days!
    http://www.expansys.ie/htc-one-m8-dot-flip-case-grey-hc-m100-retail-blister-258361/

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

peaceboi wrote: »
    Thanks

The m8 is considerably bigger so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Cover is free if you buy a m8 with Vodafone before the 1st of May
    https://www.vodafone.ie/comingsoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

What's the difference between a M7 and M8??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

PinkFly wrote: »
    What's the difference between a M7 and M8??
    One takes you to Limerick, the other to Cork :pac:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/HTC-One,HTC-One-M8/phones/7678,8242

There's a bump in the processor, battery capacity, and the screen is 5" compared to 4.7".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The thing is bloody huge!

Phones are getting a little bit ridiculous in size at this stage.

It's gone from smaller is better to bigger is better in the space of 10 years.

I think apple pretty much nailed it with the iPhone 4/4s but then started copying samsung in increasing the screen size.

I do rather like the HTC One mini though.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

The size difference is not that bad...

Old HTC One - 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3 mm (143g)
    New HTC One M8 - 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm (160g)

Most of the new size comes from the phone being cut out of a block of metal rather than having metal panels, hence the weight has risen as well.

They managed to squeeze a bit more screen space by incorporating the buttons by the logo in the old one into the screen area. Still a shame that the old cases won't fit though. The screen size went up from 4.7 to 5 inch, but the resolution remains the same.

They have made some big improvements in the cameras dual cameras on the back with the 4.1MP ultra pixel camera and a 5MP front camera for selfies. The sound is 25% louder, but they have dropped Beats audio for the new one. The processor has been upgraded from the Snapdragon 600 running at 1.9GHz to the newer Snapdragon 801 quad core running at 2.3GHz (down from the 2.5GHz that all the reports were written for in Asia on the release). The RAM remains at 2GB and the storage on release will be 16GB as opposed to the 32GB that was on the old One. However there is now a Micro SD slot that will take a card up to 128GB, so this is a real bonus.

The battery life is meant to be much better, but to get that they upsized the battery from 2300mAh to 2600mAh. There is meant to be a software upgrade coming soon after release to increase the battery life substantially.

A couple of other additions are a barometer to provide air pressure / Height readings, plus the sensors will be able to be left on (at a very low power mode) to act like a fitbit, similar to what the iPhone 5S can do at the moment. There are meant to be some new features around gestures when the phone is asleep, swipe one way to check the time, another to check the Blinkfeed and another to open the phone.

I pre-ordered the phone on Tuesday night and I have my fingers crossed that it will be here tomorrow. Although I won't be ordering the dot case from Expansys until they actually have it in stock as I have been stung like this before. If you are with Vodafone and order the phone early I believe that the will throw the case in for free.

I hope that info helps if you are trying to decide whether or not to buy, but do remember that the new iPhone, LG and Samsung phones are due to release any day and no doubt they will try and blow the HTC out of the water. But if you are up for the style of the phone I am sure it will be one that is very hard to beat for a while at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Find me a bargain for the M8 first and i'll be happy out!

I know, there are no real bargains out there at the moment... just chancing my arm with O2 at the moment, but I don't expect anything. Shame they are being taken over by Three soon as it will mean crap customer service and stupid calls at silly o'clock from India trying to upsell from a script again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

sysconp1 wrote: »
    I know, there are no real bargains out there at the moment... just chancing my arm with O2 at the moment, but I don't expect anything. Shame they are being taken over by Three soon as it will mean crap customer service and stupid calls at silly o'clock from India trying to upsell from a script again!!
    i never get any calls from India.

Well I have two other numbers and repeatedly receive calls from their call centre in India asking me to upgrade. One more call and I cancel all my contracts with them! Also had problems trying to get issues sorted, the folks there were not good if it wasn't on the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

I did have an issue with them ringing every day when my contract was coming up for renewal (near sure it was just during the day though not at night) ... if you ask to be taken off their marketing list within 48 hours the calls stop ... and you get your sanity back

Believe it or not I tried that, the calls became more frequent to the point I put a block on any incoming calls from them and asked for all correspondence to come in writing. They really did do my head in... I just hope that O2's customer service stays in Ireland and doesn't migrate to India when they are taken over fully by Three.

Advertisement