Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADT Home Alarm: Not arming/icons.

Options
  • 26-03-2014 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

This is actually my sister's alarm. As in the picture the panel has 2 flashing icons of a phone and a bell. The alarm does not arm. the installers said the battery was probably dead and it would cost €30 for the battery with €80 call out charge. Her car is falling off the road so €110 to change the alarm battery is not top of her list. I changed the battery but no change and it still is not working. Any ideas on a solution welcome but if not well she will have to walk more and come up with possibly €200 for the alarm.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Hi Paddy, it looks to me more like a telephone line error message, sorry but i am not familiar with that panel.

Did she once have a telephone line connected to it, as in was it ever monitored?

I reckon though that there should be some way to override it while arming the system. Is there a user manual anywhere for it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's an Ademco, I think this is the manual for them. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iOHF0Q0x5dmNRWHc/edit?usp=docslist_api

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Thank you both for the replies. Yes Kub I believe she originally had it monitored. Thank you koolkid for that... We'll give it a whirl and see what happens. Thanks again.

Advertisement