Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage First Time Buyer. KBC?

Options
  • 26-03-2014 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am a first time buyer and I was shopping around for banks for mortgage.
    I am looking at something for 30 or 35yr.

I have narrowed my options to PTSB or KBC.
    KBC rates are more attractive for both for first time and for existing customers (having in mind this is what I will be after drawn the mortgage.)

I know little about KBC. I was made aware of the bank recently. The opinion on the web seem quite split. In regards to which one is more aggressive on raising rates.
    I went back to read articles since 2009 and KBC raised the interest rates, at some point in end 2012 decrease it (suppose to call more people in). Also this is not a bank on the state scheme.
    PTSB on the other end seem a bit more active in increasing the rates. I know its 99% state owned.. but not sure its on the scheme.

I know no one can predict what will happen... I am only based on historical data.

What is your opinions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Avoid avoid avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

The_Mask wrote: »
    Avoid avoid avoid

Avoid which? Why would you said that?
    Or you suggesting to avoid going for a mortgage at all?

Thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The_Mask wrote: »
    Avoid avoid avoid

Don't make pointless posts like that here again. This is a forum where you're expected to make an informed, constructive criticism if you're going to post at all

Advertisement