Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tucker & Dale Vs Evil Sequel

Options
  • 26-03-2014 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

As far as horror comedies go, one of the best in recent years is no doubt Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, which brilliantly pit college kids against backwoods hillbillies in a way never before seen in the annals of horror cinema. We've been begging for a sequel since the film's release in 2010, and it looks like our prayers have been answered. Read on!

As reported by FEARNET, Tucker & Dale stars Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk were on hand at last weekend's HorrorHound convention in Cincinnati, Ohio, and during the panel they spilled the beans that a sequel is currently being developed.

"We're gonna make another one," Tudyk nonchalantly blurted out during the Q&A session. Labine went on to say that neither of them would ever make "a ****ty sequel," promising that Tucker & Dale 2 will live up to the quality of the first film.

Watch the clip below to hear the full announcement for yourself!

In the first film Tudyk and Labine portrayed Tucker and Dale, two innocent dudes who were mistaken for backwoods killers. No word yet on what the storyline of the sequel will be, though we can expect to once again see the lovable characters finding themselves in a most unexpected situation!

Thoughts?

The first one is one of the/the best horror comedy that Ive ever seen. It plays on every horror movie cliche there is and turns them around on the audience. Its funny, has some cool deaths in it and was just a very enjoyable flick.

A sequel though, I dunno. Part of what made the first one so much fun for me is because I didnt know a thing about it when I sat down to watch it so I will have certain expectations for a sequel. Still, if its half as enjoyable as the first one Im sure I will be happy enough!

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Thoughts?

The first one is one of the/the best horror comedy that Ive ever seen. It plays on every horror movie cliche there is and turns them around on the audience. Its funny, has some cool deaths in it and was just a very enjoyable flick.

A sequel though, I dunno. Part of what made the first one so much fun for me is because I didnt know a thing about it when I sat down to watch it so I will have certain expectations for a sequel. Still, if its half as enjoyable as the first one Im sure I will be happy enough!

Link

Am I right in saying the original never got a cinema release here? Considering the sh!te that hits our screen, that is baffling.

Likewise I watched it knowing very little. Hilarious film. Don't see how a sequel would work since the whole point of the film (and most of the laughs) was due to them turning cliches on their head. Are they just going to role out the exact same plot again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭brevity

oj3v4VL.gif

Can't wait. Tucker & Dale Vs Evil was such a great movie.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If they can maintain the quality and humour of the first film, it'll be great.

Seems to be the week for horror news, between this and the talk about Phantasm: Ravager.

Fysh wrote: »
    If they can maintain the quality and humour of the first film, it'll be great.

Seems to be the week for horror news, between this and the talk about Phantasm: Ravager.

Supposedly Ravager is already shot and we will see it by the end of the year. Really hope it's true as time is running out on finishing off the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Multiple reputable sources - Bloody Disgusting, Fear Net, Dread Central etc quoting Ravager as finished though it's not directed by Coscarelli.

He wrote/oversaw production apparently.

Either way, I can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Multiple reputable sources - Bloody Disgusting, Fear Net, Dread Central etc quoting Ravager as finished though it's not directed by Coscarelli.

He wrote/oversaw production apparently.

Either way, I can't wait.

Most sources I've seen are just saying it based on Shock Til You Drop saying so; I'd like to believe it but this could easily be a hoax - the only substantiating material is an image of a poster that looks nice but could easily be fan-made.

In saying that, I'm not entirely keen on the idea of Coscarelli overseeing rather than directing, or of the comments about the original cast. We'll see how it shakes out, but I don't really want a whole load of new Phantasm stuff with new creative teams and cast members - really I'd like just one last film, with the original cast as much as possible, to finish off the story.

I find it hard to believe that something like Phantasm 5 could be shot and nothing leaked till now. The franchise is one with a huge cult following and the logistics of shooting something like it without anyone getting information is a bit hard to swallow. Granted a number of sites are reporting that they have known about it for ages but I think that many of them are just copying one another info.

Some sites report that Scrimm isn't involved while others report that he is, some have Coscarelli as directing it and others have him working in a producers role. It's hard to know what to believe but at the very least we will be seeing a fifth film in one of the few horror franchises that isn't a waste of time.

Supposedly the film has been shooting over the past 6 years with bits being done here and there and as this year is the 35th anniversary of the original and with the cast reuniting for a number of cons I'd expect to see it sometime in August or September. Supposedly the director is David Hartman who has done a lot of art work for the likes of Rob Zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

"Booooy!"

Well this certainly came out of nowhere. Trailer had that cheap, shot in digital and on the quick look and feel that really can ruin a film. Hopefully the finished product will be more in line visually with the previous films and that at long last Reggie gets a trip to the Tall Mans home world. Think that this could be the surprise of the year, a film I never expected to see made and one that'll end what has to be the longest running series around.

^

Just came in to post the same thing, rather excited I am.

:D

• Advertisement

So Phantasm : Ravager is apparently a go for 2015.

Yippee!

Advertisement