Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow infection

Options
  • 26-03-2014 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I got my eyebrow pierced in June 2013, all was well up to the start of November, when upon removing it for school, a lump formed, it changed size every now and then so I thought it'd go away in its own time. It didn't go away so I went to the doctors who prescribed tablets to take (40) I took these tablets and they did nothing. Its still lumpy, staying the one size, no redness, no irritation or soreness, but quite annoying and impacts my self-esteem and image, any ideas what it could be if not a regular infection and/or how to treat it and get rid of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Could be a keloid scar (google image if you want to). It's not an infection anyway because as you say it's not red, sore or hot.

Get yourself some chamomile tea bags. Soak one in some hot water. Ring it out minding you don't burn yourself, make sure it isn't too hot then place it over the piercing. Do this once a day. Should hopefully help reduce the scarring. Otherwise go back to your doctor and they should prescribe you some cream for the scarring but I've found chamomile tea bags work wonders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just a quick suggestion: They sell Bio-Oil in Penneys for about €6-8 a bottle. I've had some good results with it regarding some stretchmarks but I'm not sure if it would work on a keloid. Worth a try, anyhoo. :/

Bio-oil is advertised for use on already healed/established scars and as you say stretch marks. It's not recommended for use on broken or irritated skin I believe. Could very well be wrong. Also bio oil is very expensive for the size of the bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Keloids are very rare. What you probably have is hypertrophic scarring. As was mentioned before try the chamomile soaks. People also find tea tree oil works on scarring too.

Yeah my bad. Hypertrophic scar more than likely. Derp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement