Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooflights and Part F - Ventilation?

Options
  • 26-03-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi guys

i'm currently renovating my house which will include a first floor
    dormer extension.

my question is as follows; the first floor dormer extension will include a new bedroom. Rooflights are being used for natural light and fire escape.

"Duo" rooflight sizes being installed are as follows,780x1400 and 780x900mm.

The area of the room is 15.35m2.

Baiscally will one set of these duo rooflights be sufficient for compliance with part F, as it states the opening should be at least 1/20th of the floor area of the room.

many thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

RamboArnie wrote: »
    hi guys

i'm currently renovating my house which will include a first floor
    dormer extension.

my question is as follows; the first floor dormer extension will include a new bedroom. Rooflights are being used for natural light and fire escape.

"Duo" rooflight sizes being installed are as follows,780x1400 and 780x900mm.

The area of the room is 15.35m2.

Baiscally will one set of these duo rooflights be sufficient for compliance with part F, as it states the opening should be at least 1/20th of the floor area of the room.

many thanks

Yes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

have a look at the DOE loft conversion leaflet

also ensure you check part B particularly the sections on means of escape and escape routes

in fact if your doing this alone, probably best if you read the whole lot http://www.environ.ie/en/TGD/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RamboArnie

thanks sydthebeat and BryanF for your replies!

yes i have the DOE leaflet and the rooflights currently being installed do comply with TGD Part B.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

What's a duo rooflight. Can't seem to find this online. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RamboArnie

something like this, dunno if "Duo" is the correct term..

http://www.alticordes.com/wp-content/gallery/terrasson-zinc/2_duo_fdt_velux.jpg

hope that helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement