Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Lifetab E7318 €99.99 27th March in Aldi Nationwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mickster29

You will be lucky to get your hands on one of these. They ever only have about 5 in each store. Be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JayR85

3 year warranty is pretty good, could be useful for a child but other tablets out there just as good like the kobo arc for similar money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

There out tomorrow, expect big queues there.
    Ive seen people waiting outside at 7:30 am once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I got one at Xmas for my Dad in the branch at Newlands Cross! Just get there by 09.15 or so and you should be fine! This was a Sunday when I bough it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

madmoe wrote: »
    I got one at Xmas for my Dad in the branch at Newlands Cross! Just get there by 09.15 or so and you should be fine! This was a Sunday when I bough it.....

Is it any good? It's ok I followed the link above to the consumer website it's reviews are fairly good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Think communion dresses are also on sale tomorrow. God love you lads when queuing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Is it any good? It's ok I followed the link above to the consumer website it's reviews are fairly good

Yep, was perfect for my Dad. Unfortunately he didn't like it so I sold it shortly after Xmas.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

I got one at Xmas, brought it back a few days after. Screen is not "HD", its pretty poor in fact, was also a little sluggish. Got a Galaxy Tab 3 8" from Tesco UK instead when they were on offer, no regrets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Mine displayed everything in a mirror image. Ie all text and app display and data displayed back to front making it unusable.

Several resets later and problem persisted. :mad:

Mines going for swap.

Heads up on this. Aldi won't refund/exchange mine as they only carry an Aldi 1 month warranty, they informed me I have to send mine to the manufacturer. :mad:

Consumer issue anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Heads up on this. Aldi won't refund/exchange mine as they only carry an Aldi 1 month warranty, they informed me I have to send mine to the manufacturer. :mad:

Consumer issue anyone?

I always deal directly with the manufacturer anyway, it has saved time in the long run I think*.

Aldi won't have any stock to give you a replacement, and will probably only forward it on your behalf, so I don't see the point.

*Most recent case was an Asus MemoPad that I bought in Currys. I contacted Asus and they sent a courier to my house to pick it up the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Your contract is with Aldi and they have a responsibility to repair \ replace \ refund (you have to come to an agreement as to which one) the items for any faults upto 6 years. This only covers manufacturing defect. If it will cost you to send to manufacturer then give it to Aldi, they know the sale of goods act and will take it off you once pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

All gone in Finglas within five minutes of opening.

Don't understand why they undersupply these items, tbh! It doesn't seem like good business sense unless it's a loss leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Consumer issue anyone?

Definite consumer issue!

Your only contract is with aldi, they are obliged by law to offer redress in the form of a repair replacement or refund. They are not allowed to tell you to deal with the manufacturer, they can take the item back for repair and send it to the manufacturer themselves but you have no contract or dealings with the manufacturer.

ch750536 wrote: »
    Your contract is with Aldi and they have a responsibility to repair \ replace \ refund (you have to come to an agreement as to which one) the items for any faults upto 6 years. This only covers manufacturing defect. If it will cost you to send to manufacturer then give it to Aldi, they know the sale of goods act and will take it off you once pressed.

That's what I would have believed, but not what they say.

I didn't even buy it for myself, it was for the mother in law, so I didn't study the small print to closely tbh.

Im left with the task of calling the manufacturer and see what they suggest.

Oh, I also pointed out to the sales assistant in Aldi that this was the first time they had sold them since I purchased it, which effectively rendered their one month warranty void as it wasn't a refund I was seeking, it was a replacement.

Stood for an hour in the snow waiting on the place opening too. :mad:

That's what I would have believed, but not what they say.

I didn't even buy it for myself, it was for the mother in law, so I didn't study the small print to closely tbh.

Im left with the task of calling the manufacturer and see what they suggest.

Oh, I also pointed out to the sales assistant in Aldi that this was the first time they had sold them since I purchased it, which effectively rendered their one month warranty void as it wasn't a refund I was seeking, it was a replacement.

Stood for an hour in the snow waiting on the place opening too. :mad:

Tell the assistant you want to make a complaint to the manager about your treatment by the store(should be in writing and will always be read by regional managers) and then contact aldi head office or better still make contact on their Facebook page asking about their abuse of your consumer rights!

Don't waste your time with all that stampy-footing about. Just get on to the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

Didn't get to an Aldi this morning but can anyone tell me if this tablet has 1 Gps and 2 Bluetooth built in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I got one this morning in Clonee. I was seventh in the queue and they had eight!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

Didn't get to an Aldi this morning but can anyone tell me if this tablet has 1 Gps and 2 Bluetooth built in?

• Advertisement

joolsveer wrote: »
    I got one this morning in Clonee. I was seventh in the queue and they had eight!

Yeah, Aldi in Naas also had 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Definite consumer issue!

Your only contract is with aldi, they are obliged by law to offer redress in the form of a repair replacement or refund. They are not allowed to tell you to deal with the manufacturer, they can take the item back for repair and send it to the manufacturer themselves but you have no contract or dealings with the manufacturer.

Wrong

For a product like this, your warranty is with the manufacturer. If inside 28 days the product is faulty this is classed as Dead On Arrival and the retailer has to replace or refund it.
    After 28 days your warranty is with the manufacturer, its is there job to repair or replace.

When it comes to consumer electronics its a different area to replacing the dodgy garden tool.

I worked in retail for years and everyone spouts the law but have not got a clue mostly. You aren't entitled to a refund if a product is faulty, repair is the first thing to be done.

Saying that many larger retailers will be very easy to deal with Argos, Harvey Norman etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

rob316 wrote: »
    Wrong

For a product like this, your warranty is with the manufacturer. If inside 28 days the product is faulty this is classed as Dead On Arrival and the retailer has to replace or refund it.
    After 28 days your warranty is with the manufacturer, its is there job to repair or replace.

When it comes to consumer electronics its a different area to replacing the dodgy garden tool.

I worked in retail for years and everyone spouts the law but have not got a clue mostly. You aren't entitled to a refund if a product is faulty, repair is the first thing to be done.

Saying that many larger retailers will be very easy to deal with Argos, Harvey Norman etc

Thats not correct at all. Your contract is with purchaser. There is a huge thread on here with people bringing Gamestop/Xtravision etc to small claims court and winning over the PS3 failing within 3-6 years after purchase.
    They try fobbing you off to manufacturer but that is not EU law on electronic goods.

The warranty is only an ADDITION to your statutory rights.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63937990

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Wrong

You say you worked in retail and this is your demonstration of knowledge?
    Wrong on so many levels.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Nenagh had 10 as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Still one of these in the display case in Gorey at 8pm, possibly more in stores.

Wrong

The LAW is very clear on this, when you as a consumer buy a product or service from a business or someone acting as a sole trader you have statutory rights which the retailer must respect. the shop you worked in ocviously did not respect those rights.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods
    Your contract is with the retailer or supplier who sold you the product so if there is a fault, it is up to them to fix it. You may also have extra protection if you have a guarantee or warranty from the manufacturer. It is the retailer’s responsibility to provide a remedy under the warranty, unless they have opted out of this and told you this. So you should check the terms and conditions of the warranty. - See more at: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods#sthash.B8OibDd0.dpuf

http://thecai.ie/your-rights/your-rights/know-your-rights/
    When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

A few friends, family and work colleagues have various makes of tablets. Not one of these tablets comes close to my Samsung Galaxy. Various different complaints from theirs are wifi weak, sluggish, tablets freeze and irregular response from touch screen. Most get fed up with them and rarely use them, some are just dust collectors now. Much better off spending the extra on a Samsung.

• Advertisement

sparky63 wrote: »
    A few friends, family and work colleagues have various makes of tablets. Not one of these tablets come close my Samsung Galaxy. Various different complaints from theirs are wifi weak, sluggish, tablets freeze and irregular response from touch screen. Most get fed up with them and rarely use them, some are just dust collectors now. Much better off spending the extra on a Samsung.

I assume you're referring to cheap Chinese jobs? The Samsung Galaxy (7") is actually a bit behind in terms of specs, and some 'budget' tabs are actually better in many respects (Asus MemoPad HD7 for example)

Advertisement