Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC maths revision course

Options
  • 25-03-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

does anyone know if there is any revision courses for higher level maths (project maths) or seminars or anything similar to that that would be on over the easter break or around then (preferably around dublin/meath/westmeath area but i can travel)? i did see that the educationworkshop have one on but its not til may. thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

The Institute of Education (Dublin 2) & Ashfield College (Dublin 6W), would be the optimal choice(s). I'd recommend Ashfield College simply for the course sizes and the range of locations available across the nation. Other than that, they're relatively on par.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 STP50

My son uses Dublin School of Grinds for Maths. Very good reports on the Maths teacher.
    http://www.dublinschoolofgrinds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ProjectManager

i hear that http://www.positivemaths.ie have some paid course and sone free courses for LC Maths.

My son registered with them last year and found then excellent. Plus they are online classes so he didn't have to leave home.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭christy11

thanks everyone i will have a look at all the above and if you hear of any more sure let me know.

@STP50
    i did see their website but they are very dear tho. €275 is alot to be paying out for one course to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭therunaround

studysmart.ie based in mullingar have Easter revision courses in maths and many other subjects.

• Advertisement

has anyone been to the ashfield college during easter and did higher maths and what did they think of it ie was it worth doing

christy11 wrote: »
    has anyone been to the ashfield college during easter and did higher maths and what did they think of it ie was it worth doing

I've attended HL Maths in Ashfield College, I'd definitely recommend it - the block courses are pretty snappy, they get the job done. Notes also supplied, very useful. Looks like they're in Dublin City Centre, Templeogue, Dun Laoghaire, Sligo, Athlone & Wexford!

is there many in a class or is it a big hall full of people? and would the notes you get, are they included in the price and would they go over a the topics?
    Exo wrote: »
    I've attended HL Maths in Ashfield College, I'd definitely recommend it - the block courses are pretty snappy, they get the job done. Notes also supplied, very useful. Looks like they're in Dublin City Centre, Templeogue, Dun Laoghaire, Sligo, Athlone & Wexford!

is there many in a class or is it a big hall full of people? and would the notes you get, are they included in the price and would they go over a the topics?

The notes supplied are included in the price - Templeogue have actual classrooms (numbers vary, but generally smaller numbers than your typical classroom). I believe the block courses have less students attending than the full week courses. You can enquire via. email about that actually before you consider booking. All/primary topics should be covered within the 6 odd hours of tuition.

EDIT: I found the topics that will be covered, short snippet from the Dun Laoghaire brochure (shorter than the Templeogue course, keep that in mind);

"At the beginning of the course John will take a poll to ascertain which topics students would most like to see covered. Topics to be taken from the following; Financial Maths, Integration, Sequences and Series, Differentiation and it’s applications, Integration and it uses in calculating areas & averages, Complex Numbers, Algebra & Functions. *It is very important that all students take a copy of the past/sample exam papers as well as a mathematical set and calculator with them to the course."

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

thanks everyone i will have a look at all the above and if you hear of any more sure let me know.

@STP50
    i did see their website but they are very dear tho. €275 is alot to be paying out for one course to be honest

The Dublin School Of Grinds are offering 2 subjects for that at the minute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement