Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 800 is dying, 1020 good replacement?

Options
  • 25-03-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

Dying by degrees that is, will be replaced this year. The size of the 1320 and 1520 is overwhelming to me and I'm not in desperate need of their power either.

Just wondering if anyone made this particular switch and how they found it, or if there's a similar-sized phone being released down the line that I should hold out for.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Switching from a 800 to a 1020 is an easy transfer. Size is only increased slightly, while going for a 1520 will be a bit of a shock. The 1520 is great when you get used to the size but if you dont need/want such a large screen the 1020 is a perfect option.

If you did want to wait for something newer have a look for the lumia 930 due to be announced officially next month, similar spec to the 1020 that may suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

I had my Lumia 800 swapped for a Lumia 925 by Nokia Care in Galway. The 925 doesn't have the camera specs of the 1020 but windows phone 8 is the same, I stuck in my hotmail account and up came my numbers and I was off! I've found the apps in the new store compared to the store in my old lumia much better and browsing web is better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Davy wrote: »
    f you did want to wait for something newer have a look for the lumia 930 due to be announced officially next month, similar spec to the 1020 that may suit you.
    930 (a.k.a 'Martini') is due to be announced next Tuesday at Nokia's #MoreLumia event and be available between June and August.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

930 (a.k.a 'Martini') is due to be announced next Tuesday at Nokia's #MoreLumia event and be available between June and August.

On past form that would make Irish availability sometime around Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

That's okay as I will buy it off amazon.de like I did for the 800 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement