Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to Print My Work

Options
  • 25-03-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,
    I am an Irish wildlife artist based in Kildare. I work with acrylic on canvas and have high res images of my work. I'm trying to find someone that can produce professional 'limited edition' prints of my work. I have tried a few places around Dublin but they are very expensive.
    Would anyone have any ideas where I should look (quality and affordable). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Well, 'Fire' is the obvious suggestion, but very expensive, so I assume you've tried them. The quality of prints you'll get is second to none thou.

I don't suppose it's something you could consider producing yourself? What sized prints are you looking to produce and on what surface?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jayire82

Yeah I had a look at Fire and it is a bit expensive. The idea of the prints is to sell my work at an affordable price so I'd like to keep the cost of the prints to a minimum but still provide quality replicas. I was thinking of printing the paintings myself but I'm afraid of using the wrong inks/paper. I don't want the prints to fade after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

have you tried tony g murray in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CurlyC24

Mc Gowans Print Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

You can go the Print-On-Demand route. Like Finartamerica.com or Art.com

where you upload your images, choose from a bewildering number of options in size, mats, frames, colours, etc, and then you order.

I dont know the quality. I've used Cafepress for matted, enlarged, framed (w/glass) prints before and they're so-so. I wouldnt want to sell one to a client but I also didnt buy the highest quality. As long as the quality of the digital image is okay then the finished product shouldn't be too bad.

I realize fineartamerica is a US site but there are euro equivalents.

• Advertisement
Advertisement