Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on interfaces (pro tools as prefered daw)

Options
  • 25-03-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I've not been making music in the last couple of years but want to start back and hope to get something like my old set up (Pro tools 002 rack with profire 2626) for 16 input capability. I would prefer to stick with pro tools but thats not a deal breaker. My problem is, I've been looking at the new protools reviews and haven't seen any packages similar to the 002 and dont know where to look next.

Does anyone have any pointers for me please?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Prism is the best interface for PT and can used w/ other DAWs. I went off PT and use Harrison now. Sometimes i use Nuendo. I can see the attraction of a tricked-out PT rig w/ a bunch of nice TDMs, it's a nice hit. Half of my FX and dynamics are hardware, so any non-sucky DAW will do me. Harrison mixes please my clients, definitely more returns since starting to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

Thanks troutmask. I've been away so long I hadn't even realized avid stopped after the 003 and let you use any interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Brien wrote: »
    Thanks troutmask. I've been away so long I hadn't even realized avid stopped after the 003 and let you use any interface.

I bought my 003 rack + PT7 back in 2008 when Digi still tied their users to specific hardware. Thankfully, your options are wide open now on interfaces. Just check Avid.com for compatibility.

Also, they eventually added automatic delay compensation, which was long overdue.

I still have my 003 & am now on PT9. I'm happy with the setup, but if I was starting from scratch again, I'd definitely investigate all DAW / hardware options before deciding what's right for you.

Advertisement