Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get a C1 in honours biology only doing exam papers

Options
  • 25-03-2014 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Can you get a C1 in honours biology only doing exam papers ? I Struggle to retain info from the book and i find it much easier to learn by doing exam papers. last week i learned every answer off to the nervous system from the exam papers and can still recite them.
    Is it possible to do well this way ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Can you get a C1 in honours biology only doing exam papers ? I Struggle to retain info from the book and i find it much easier to learn by doing exam papers. last week i learned every answer off to the nervous system from the exam papers and can still recite them.
    Is it possible to do well this way ?

Honestly, it depends. The marking schemes vary each year, so what may be right one year may not be another. Perhaps they ask a question which requires you to use your overall knowledge to answer the question. You aren't going to have such knowledge if you're merely learning Off answers.
    If you learn experiments and definitions flawlessly, then perhaps it's possible. I wouldn't take the chance as not everything has been asked. A lot of students don't know that unit 1 and 2 plus experiments can get you around 80%. You should know these perfectly, and unit 3 in lesser detail if you don't have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rachinater

yes of course! once you do a question develop points on the answers for eg if you are asked to label different parts of the eye then also write down the functions and label the rest of the eye aswell... do extra on the questions

Advertisement