Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for good places to source Scrap

Options
  • 25-03-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

basically I am looking for places where i can pick up cheap or possibly free scrap wood or does anybody pick up stuff themselves and know where I could do this?

For example are there scrapyards in waterford where you can just wander about and pick up stuff etc. I know theres a metal scarp yard out by dunphy's but if you go in do they charge you?

These may seem like really stupid questions and I apologise I'm just trying to source some scrap and I am having trouble locating it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Hi

basically I am looking for places where i can pick up cheap or possibly free scrap wood or does anybody pick up stuff themselves and know where I could do this?

For example are there scrapyards in waterford where you can just wander about and pick up stuff etc. I know theres a metal scarp yard out by dunphy's but if you go in do they charge you?

These may seem like really stupid questions and I apologise I'm just trying to source some scrap and I am having trouble locating it!

for what????

very little scrap lying around after last few years of record prices for scrap steel...you may be two years late

• Registered Users Posts: 28,146 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Scrap wood at the recycling centre - Greenstar at 6-crossroads. Mostly pallets, wear sound shoes and take gloves.

Advertisement