Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Collection - best value

Options
  • 25-03-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

Just moved to the Rathfarnham area - anyone know who the best values waste collection providers are?

So far I can see that there are loads but not much else!

We've a small child and a lot of nappies (!) so will probably need 1 black bin lift per fortnite.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am in terenure and use greyhound €15.50 per month for 2lifts of black and brown bin and 2 lifts of green bin with no weight restrictions! We have a small baby and bin gets very heavy with nappies lol :) I can check the weight online and it is always over 25kg (so companies are pay per weight and this would work out very expensive for us!) If you pay for the year in one go you save money (can't remember exactly how much).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkBhoy

Millem wrote: »
    I am in terenure and use greyhound €15.50 per month for 2lifts of black and brown bin and 2 lifts of green bin with no weight restrictions! We have a small baby and bin gets very heavy with nappies lol :) I can check the weight online and it is always over 25kg (so companies are pay per weight and this would work out very expensive for us!) If you pay for the year in one go you save money (can't remember exactly how much).

Was thinking it might be best to avoid pay by weight companies :)
    Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

CorkBhoy wrote: »
    Was thinking it might be best to avoid pay by weight companies :)
    Thanks for the info.

Greyhound do have pay per weight which would be cheaper if bins were under 25kg! But ours are always in the 30kgs sometimes even more! At least we don't have to worry about it! I find them very good to deal with no complaints!

Advertisement