Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite part of bieng a night owl?

Options
  • 25-03-2014 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello,

I am new to the world of boards.ie and found this board the other day.

What keeps you up late? Do you prefer the night to the day? What do you do with all the extra time you have in the night?

For me I have always enjoyed the night. I can go shopping in any of the 24 hour supermarkets and they are empty. I can go outside and enjoy the stars(did this loads when I was a sailor). Also there is just something special about the night time, it is just magical in its own way. Especially driving through remote mountain passes and dark forests and having the highway to yourself.(night time mountain driving with heavy metal is just the best!!).

This week I am staying up late everyday studying for finals, but even if I were not doing tons of work for uni I would still be up with the rest of you night
    owls. :-D

Edit: Now referring to myself as a Nocturnaut.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Definetly a night owl myself. I think its that im free of distractions and can get on with a few bits I want to do in my spare "night" time. Im usually in the Kitchen painting with the earphones in. Unfortunetly the house like a fridge at night so I have an electric oil heater on usually. If its not that, ill be in the living room with the earphones, interwebing on boards, youtube and the like.

The only pain is tip toeing around trying to not wake the house as well as the cold in the non used rooms that I have to pop into for a few mins. I cant justify having the central heating on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

The silence, just like a Sunday morning - yes, I see the irony:P

(sorry Koth):o

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

All the door to door fundies and call centres are asleep and leaving me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dimcoin

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Definetly a night owl myself... Im usually in the Kitchen painting with the earphones in... If its not that, ill be in the living room with the earphones, interwebing on boards, youtube and the like.

What type of stuff do you paint dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

/hopes he paints in Biz or Stephen Hickman fashion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

More productive and pro-active between like 8/9pm to 2/3am. Could and would get more productive stuff done in those 4/5 hours than I would in 4/5 days! And it's not that I'm just sitting around doing nothing during the days, I can be fierce motivated during the evening / night-time, so it's not a motivational issue. For some reason, it's just that I lack momentum to be motivated during the time-stretch of the first half of the day / the day-time! :confused:

<weirdo> Actually like, even if just settling into bed at 2am or whatever or just about to doze off I often would think God I'd love to get up and do that now and get it done with.</weirdo>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

More productive and pro-active between like 8/9pm to 2/3am. Could and would get more productive stuff done in those 4/5 hours than I would in 4/5 days! And it's not that I'm just sitting around doing nothing during the days, I can be fierce motivated during the evening / night-time, so it's not a motivational issue. For some reason, it's just that I lack momentum to be motivated during the time-stretch of the first half of the day / the day-time! :confused:

<weirdo> Actually like, even if just settling into bed at 2am or whatever or just about to doze off I often would think God I'd love to get up and do that now and get it done with.</weirdo>

Wow- ditto. I can be like that at say 6am too, but if it runs to later in the morning I don't get the same buzz until nighttime again- I still think it's something about the "sound" of the night, or the quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Ben Horne

Peace and quiet, feels like time stands still for a short while. The demons come out as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No people around to annoy me

Advertisement