Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer for video editing

Options
  • 25-03-2014 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I am thinking of buying or building a computer specially for video editing. Has anyone done this and have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

BenRowe wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying or building a computer specially for video editing. Has anyone done this and have any suggestions?

I suggest you go over to PC Building and Upgrading. They will give you advice on what parts you should get for video editing and can give you a full list of what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

go to apple.com and build yourself an iMac

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Cram as much ram as you can afford into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

ScumLord wrote: »
    Cram as much ram as you can afford into it.
    I've got 32 GB and grand for vid editing.

I have 16gb and have found the limits once or twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

ScumLord wrote: »
    I have 16gb and have found the limits once or twice.

In what way do you hit the limits?

In what way do you hit the limits?
    Just a bit of slowdown when editing something large. It unacceptable in this day and age that I be made wait more than a split second for something to happen.

Advertisement