Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Parkside Sliding Mitre saw

Options
  • 25-03-2014 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Saw the add for this mitre saw on Sunday(sorry about the pun) . I was thinking of buying it with the intention of putting a finer blade on it for a better cut. Anybody out there bought one yet? Whats the verdict? For 99 euro are u getting a piece of useleess kit or can it be upgraded?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I don't see it advertised on www.lidl.ie
    What day is it for sale can you tell me?
    Sorry, I can't help out but I'd be interested to know myself about the quality etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Was gonna buy the lidl one to replace an evolution chop saw I've had for 2/3 years. The motor burnt out on the evolution one.

Just yesterday I saw an einhell bt ms 2112 advertised for just €69, surely ya can't go wrong at that money ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

The problem with most of those cheap saws are the majority of them have nylon where there should be steel in them. regardless of what blade they get most will never have the accuracy of some of the bigger name brands. if your only tricking around with them for very occasional use they can be alright but if your using them on a more regular basis your better off splashing the cash. a good saw well minded should last a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sean Farrell

Miname is quite right in saying that cheaper model saws dont have the accuracy and durability..but they are great for the beginner or occassional user. I might consigne my own Parkside to braking down palletts into firewood. but at least for 99 euro I got to see how a mitre saw works and learnt the hard way as to what to look for in a more suitable model. Einhell and Parkside are the same company btw, just different branding for the market. Here's to making more sawdust and firewood in the future ...I can always console myself by looking into a roaring fire in the hearth with the thought that my Lidl cheapo knockoff Einhell saw created it's soothing warmness!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

With all these saws the blade is the critical feature, a good blade will make a reasonable cut and a bad blade will make it almost unworkable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement