Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Pyhon Programing course

Options
  • 25-03-2014 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Just in case you still have time on your hands. Commsuppport are offering 10 x 90 min webinars in Python to go with the cisco and MTa courses already being presented.:D
    General Class Format

Course Title: Python Programming Course
    Duration of the Course: 10 sessions
    Free Sessions: 10 sessions
    Duration of each Session: 90mins

Python Training Course

Objectives

At the completion of the course, the learners will be able to:
    a. Write, debug and execute Python code
    b. Understand Python's powerful regular expressions
    c. Use Python to manipulate files and directories
    d. Create graphical interfaces with TkInter
    e. Write networked and web-enabled applications in Python

Target Audience -

Target audience
    This programme is aimed at programmers, web developers and system administrators who have some knowledge of other computer languages and who wish to use the Python programming language in their environment.

Materials offered including recorded sessions:

Course Extras/Resources

1. Complete, detailed coding examples with additional documentation
    2. Detailed 'How to' guides
    3. Troubleshooting guides
    - See more at: http://commsupport.co.uk/python/#sthash.xKiQYK2A.dpuf

Thu, Apr 3, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Mon, Apr 7, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Thu, Apr 10, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Mon, Apr 14, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Mon, Apr 21, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Thu, Apr 24, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Mon, Apr 28, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Thu, May 1, 2014 10:30 PM - 11:59 PM BST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

Really good thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

I did a quick bit of googling but I'm not sure, is BST the same as irish time?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

It's the same as Irish Standard Time, which we'll be entering this weekend when the clocks go forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

excellent find, i just registered. currently doing programming in one of the classes in college but this language is more suited to what were actually doing. cheers OP!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Technically speaking it's not as we are in a different time zone :pac:

In the UK they use GMT normally and change to British Summer Time in the summer.

We use Irish Standard Time normally and change to GMT in the winter.

But the clocks all read the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Anyone interested in learning Python along with games programming should sign up for Rice university's free course "An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python" on Coursera which started this week

https://class.coursera.org/interactivepython-004/

I took it last year and can attest to the fact that it is excellent

It's part of a genuine university course offered at Rice (where Kennedy said he'd put a man on the moon in the 60s), it's a lot of fun and it's designed for absolute beginners (like me). No affiliation obviously other than the fact that i enjoyed it immensely last time (and made a Mario platform clone - check out the forums if you sign up for the course :) )

Advertisement