Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I been frendzoned (a woman)

Options
  • 25-03-2014 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have this guy who I really like, he is always flirting with me, we do stuff together but he wont make a move and shoots down any move I make...

He says really dirty things to me, leads me on but then just turns me down out of no where. Sometimes he is really into it but then other times he will flirt with other girls in front of me.

I am so confused... Ive made it clear how I feel but he just hasnt.

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Sounds like he's not interested, but like he enjoys toying with you and getting a reaction from you to boost his own ego, and that's about it, sad to say. Best thing you can do in my opinion is stop stroking his ego, and find somebody who is actually interested in you for who you are, not what you can do to make them feel better about themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I had a friend in a similar situation. He was only interested in her when other guys gave her attention. This guy is leading you on, and as the other poster said stop feeding his ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

If I was you I wouldn't even consider this guy a friend. A friend wouldn't treat you like that. Agree with above posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

He's a tease. A tease is not a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have this guy who I really like, he is always flirting with me, we do stuff together but he wont make a move and shoots down any move I make...

He says really dirty things to me, leads me on but then just turns me down out of no where.

Op pick your dignity off the floor and cut him out of your life. He has made his feelings perfectly clear - he isn't interested. Find someone who won't treat so you so badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

No you haven't been friendzoned, if this is how he would treat a friend than I sure as hell wouldn't want a relationship with this guy. Cut him loose and find someone with a more mature attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Now hang on just a min there,

I am exactly like this guy, I flirt and mess with my friends all the time, but it's only for a laugh. Yeah sometime people take it up the wrong way but I in no way do it to stroke my ego. I am just a happy go lucky person and my natural enthusiasm and caring for people comes across as strong flirting, but I in no way do it as an ego boost. I do it because that's my personality.

A lot of my friends I would kiss on the lips, but they all know it's just a friendly thing. If I am interested in someone they know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,124 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

How do you mean he turns you down?
    Has he actually said something or just based on his reactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

he wont make a move and shoots down any move I make........

:confused:

He actually has made it crystal clear though. He has rejected all of your advances by "shooting you down" so bar him telling you to leave him alone (which is not going to happen because he enjoys the attention) then you're going to continue to do your own head in. This is a non starter and regardless of the filthy texts and flirting, he's not interested. If he was genuinely interested, you'd know about it.

Advertisement