Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

English Studies in TCD or Architecture in UCD?

• 24-03-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

What's crackin bordz,

The spelling errors were a joke by the by. Anyway, I am going into my first year of college, I am 18 and I'm stuck.

I did my Leaving Cert in 2013 and got 620 and took a year out after deferring my place in Law. I have widdled it all down to a few options, the main ones being English Studies (TCD) and Architecture (UCD). A few other options I have been contemplating have been English Lit. with; Philosophy, History of Art and Architecture, History, and Psychology (all in TCD).

I really feel that Trinity is the place for me. It's just amazing, but I feel I could see a lot more/go more places with a Masters in Architecture from UCD than with English in TCD. I don't hate UCD, but I just don't feel it's as good compared to TCD. A better job may result, and being an Architect is something that I would like. Saying that, I'm very interested in the Arts.

Not so much about deciding what I want to do as opposed to deciding what I want to do most.

Would love some input from anyone with any opinion on degrees or universities. Would love if those who have done English in TCD or Architecture in UCD could reply.

I hope to live in Japan at some point, feeling Architecture could make that more possible. Who knows!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

StrayCat1 wrote: »
    What's crackin bordz,

The spelling errors were a joke by the by. Anyway, I am going into my first year of college, I am 18 and I'm stuck.

I did my Leaving Cert in 2013 and got 620 and took a year out after deferring my place in Law. I have widdled it all down to a few options, the main ones being English Studies (TCD) and Architecture (UCD). A few other options I have been contemplating have been English Lit. with; Philosophy, History of Art and Architecture, History, and Psychology (all in TCD).

I really feel that Trinity is the place for me. It's just amazing, but I feel I could see a lot more/go more places with a Masters in Architecture from UCD than with English in TCD. I don't hate UCD, but I just don't feel it's as good compared to TCD. A better job may result, and being an Architect is something that I would like. Saying that, I'm very interested in the Arts.

Not so much about deciding what I want to do as opposed to deciding what I want to do most.

Would love some input from anyone with any opinion on degrees or universities. Would love if those who have done English in TCD or Architecture in UCD could reply.

I hope to live in Japan at some point, feeling Architecture could make that more possible. Who knows!

How did you manage to get 620? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

How did you manage to get 620? :confused:

Bonus points for Higher Level Maths. The most people can get now is 625.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Bonus points for Higher Level Maths. The most people can get now is 625.

Yea, but it shouldn't be possible to get between 615 and 625.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Have you considered DIT for Architecture? Don't knock it, it's highly rated.

Advertisement