Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Warranty Restrictions

Options
  • 24-03-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I was processing an online order today with Ribble Cycles and wished to add a Mavic Inner Tube to my order, but unable to do so due to the fact that the particular item was not available for sale outside of UK. I thought this was a bit odd and emailed Ribble to enquire and advise that Mavic tyres were available to order via their website and enquiring as to the distinction between the two. I got a prompt response to apologies for the error regarding tyres on their website, as the same warranty restriction applied to Mavic tyres. Anyone have any idea as to the rationale for this? Mavic products appear to be available for purchase via other UK online stores.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Crack a rim in Ksyriums and then search for service here in Ireland!

I have tried, and because I work in the UK was 'lucky' that I brought my wheel with me there. The first bike shop I tried have sent my wheel to Mavic and I get it back on my next visit next week. New spokes and new rim. Unfortunately it will cost me as it's out of warranty but it's cheaper than a new wheel. I don't think Mavic support their products here, but maybe I'm wrong?

Advertisement