Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emporia mobile has given loads of problems

Options
  • 24-03-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

I bought an emporia flip phone for my mam about 16 months ago. €80 for what I thought would be an easy to use, reliable phone for her. Given she is in her 70s, I felt that the larger display and larger buttons would make life easier for her. I feel like an idiot now.

Within a couple of weeks of her opening the box, the phone started to give trouble e.g. It had over heated and stalled on a number of occasions. The Vodafone store would not entertain my request to exchange it for a different model at that point.

Within the last few days, when she makes or receives a call she can no longer hear the voice at the other end. I tried all the obvious settings like in call volume etc but nothing obvious. So, she brought it into the Vodafone store to see if she could get the problem sorted and was toled that the phone is broken.

Has anyone else had experience with this phone or even a scenario like this? Now that it's outside warranty there seems to be nothing the store can or are willing to do. Any point writing to the manufacturer or Vodafone themselves for that matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

This may sound stupid, but is there any option of an update on the phone? Is there a WiFi setting to check it out of anything? Updates can often sort many problems.

Also, have you tried backing up the numbers and settings and setting it back to the factory defaults?

Vodafone can do nothing about warranty repairs if it is out, but check that it doesn't come with a 24 month period. If so, hit up Fonemenders. But, you shouldn't need them.

Advertisement