Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile security

Options
  • 24-03-2014 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

My sister took some photos of her little daughter playing in the garden on her mobile camera last summer. she didn't text the pictures to anyone or download them to her computer.
    Her ex partner recieved an email when her daughter was down with him during her twice monthly access, she says the email was the pictures of her playing in the garden last summer. My sister is obviously upset over this.
    Is this possible ? How can a picture folder be accessed from outside the phone by a third party ? Is there anyway of checking this or anyone who she can complain to ? A mobile is not much use if it is insecure.

P.s. just before the ex got the email, someone rang him and asked him for my sisters date of birth.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

rowa wrote: »
    My sister took some photos of her little daughter playing in the garden on her mobile camera last summer. she didn't text the pictures to anyone or download them to her computer.
    Her ex partner recieved an email when her daughter was down with him during her twice monthly access, she says the email was the pictures of her playing in the garden last summer. My sister is obviously upset over this.
    Is this possible ? How can a picture folder be accessed from outside the phone by a third party ? Is there anyway of checking this or anyone who she can complain to ? A mobile is not much use if it is insecure.

P.s. just before the ex got the email, someone rang him and asked him for my sisters date of birth.

given there is a child involved, i think thats gardai territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

This should be dealt with tactfully and should involve the Police.
    Contact them immediately. They will be able to assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Cheers neil and static, i have also advised her to contact the police, but is this type of hacking or snooping common ? I did google it and it doesn't seem to be difficult to people with phone or computer skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

On a technical level anything is possible, however it is impossible for anyone to advise as to what has occurred in the case you're describing.

If has been suggested, the Gardai are the correct port of call in this case, and they may be able to assist. But as this thread could be verging on a criminal case, I'm afraid I'm going to have to close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement