Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a stag

Options
  • 24-03-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Howdy guys, planning a stag for a friend in the next few months. Looking for ideas for venues and activities. Are the online companies any good for example? Ireland or abroad? Any suggestions welcome, looking for some inspiration!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thread moved from AH. Please be aware that the moderation standards of weddings, marriages and civil partnerships apply from here on out.

OP I think you'll get better answers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Howdy guys, planning a stag for a friend in the next few months. Looking for ideas for venues and activities. Are the online companies any good for example? Ireland or abroad? Any suggestions welcome, looking for some inspiration!

Paintball...its an epic few hours and ya get to pelt the groom with paintballs at the end. Else go carting. Then a bit of dinner as plenty of boozin ahead. Just dont do an all day session with nothing planned as it gets too messy too early

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mo2012

Just an idea, seems like a decent deal for a spot popular with hens and stags- Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Depends.

Where are you all based?
    What kind of budgets are you looking at?
    How many people?
    What age range?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

Look up Stagit.ie

I'm best man for my cousin and he wasn't too sure what he wanted to do etc

I shopped around with various stag party companies and to be honest, Stagit were the most straight forward and helpful there rest only want your money, don't go to any lengths to try get you the best possible package etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭djdunny

have a look on www.google.com/flights

Its very handy for showing you the cheapest flight to certain destinations eg. it will tell you that if you fly from another airport or a day earlier you could save money on the flights.

Also it has a graph to show the cost of the flights over a number of months so would help for forward planning.

If youre staying in Ireland then I would recommend westport or dingle. Ive been on stag in both and had a great time at each. No shortgae of pubs in either town.

Was also in Galway 2 weeks ago for another stag and we stayed in a hostel just off Eyre square. Very reasonable and handy location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ireland id say westport or carrick on shannon
    But half the stags been on lately have been abroad, the amount you spend on drink hotels and food etc: it works out lot better and cheaper.
    Places like liverpool, newcastle, manchester are cheap or even few days in spain in germany etc can be done cheap enough.
    Do it early, make a decision date hotel transport etc and stick to it but try keep it in budget

Advertisement