Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantam 70 - Add a user code

Options
  • 24-03-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A seemingly simple query - I want to add a user to our HKC Quantam 70, but keep running into a problem.

I enter the engineer code (kindly given to me by the installer, who lurks around here!) and then my own user code. I scroll to the users menu, then the user codes menu, but when I try to type the desired code for u02, it seems to expect a 6 digit number - when typing a 4 digit number there's no way for me to push it along.

Any ideas?

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Dardania wrote: »
    Hi all,

A seemingly simple query - I want to add a user to our HKC Quantam 70, but keep running into a problem.

I enter the engineer code (kindly given to me by the installer, who lurks around here!) and then my own user code. I scroll to the users menu, then the user codes menu, but when I try to type the desired code for u02, it seems to expect a 6 digit number - when typing a 4 digit number there's no way for me to push it along.

Any ideas?

D

Just enter whatever code you want, (no 0 and do not have 9 as the last digit), then press yes.

It will then ask you to verify it so just input the code again and press yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Aha therein lies my problem - I had a 9 at the end. Many thanks!

Is there a way I can restrict when that code is useable e.g. At a certain time every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Aha therein lies my problem - I had a 9 at the end. Many thanks!

Is there a way I can restrict when that code is useable e.g. At a certain time every week?

No i do not think so, just wish all faults were that easy to fix ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Is the code for a cleaner ? You can have the panel send you a text whenever that code is used

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Is the code for a cleaner ? You can have the panel send you a text whenever that code is used

It is, could be an interesting one...I don't want to check that I'm getting my times worth, more that her set of keys hasn't been robbed (her system to remeber peoples codes is to put them on a key ring, along with the address...)

If I set the panel to text, will it text all of the numbers that receive alarm texts, or can I set it just for myself?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does the quantum not have a feature where you can assign a calander to a user?
    I have used this with great success on other systems . You can assign time slots across a whole year telling the panel when, and when not to accept that code. So, say for example your cleaner works Monday and Thursday between 9 & 3.The code could be set with permissions that it can only disarm the system between 8:45 & 9:15 & only arm the system between 2:45 & 3:15 on those days.
    You can even exclude holidays.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Does the quantum not have a feature where you can assign a calander to a user?
    I have used this with great success on other systems . You can assign time slots across a whole year telling the panel when, and when not to accept that code. So, say for example your cleaner works Monday and Thursday between 9 & 3.The code could be set with permissions that it can only disarm the system between 8:45 & 9:15 & only arm the system between 2:45 & 3:15 on those days.
    You can even exclude holidays.

Nope it doesn't . And I'm wrong regarding my previous post .
    The panel will text all numbers when any code is used. It can't be assigned to specific codes only

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I hate panels having limitations on such basic features.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

It is, could be an interesting one...I don't want to check that I'm getting my times worth, more that her set of keys hasn't been robbed (her system to remeber peoples codes is to put them on a key ring, along with the address...)

If I set the panel to text, will it text all of the numbers that receive alarm texts, or can I set it just for myself?

If you go into the timers menu, event timers, select timed access then select the user, then set up the days and times you want the code to work.

Too many people just used to working with one system on this thread :D

Handy to know... Missed it in the quantums manual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Handy to know... Missed it in the quantums manual

On the 8/12 too.

Just to add. In the user options menu, 24 hour needs to be set to no for this user too.

Advertisement