Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch Screen Control Panel for existing alarm system

Options
  • 24-03-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi,

My current system is an Aritech and it has a very small window where the messages are displayed.

I often forget my reading glasses if the alarm goes off and I was wondering if it is possible to change the control panel for a proper display screen, similar to a smartphone or tablet, where the messages are easily read.

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

What model of Aritech panel have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭pinkfloydian

CS350

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

CS350

Not possible I am afraid, only 1 keypad made for and works with the CS 350 and that is the one you have.
    If you want an improved display or operation then you will have to replace your panel.
    Being honest I cannot think of any that are compatible with a wired system.

Thanks Kub

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your thinking of upgrading this has a nice touch screen keypad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

are there shock/contacts on the system do you know ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wireless? Yes!
    Also has 8 hard wired zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

who has it stocked ?

RWL & IDAS

I thought that wireless was so easy to "crack".

Is this not correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I thought that wireless was so easy to "crack".

Is this not correct.

Gsm is .... For wireless you'd really need to know what you're doing ... It's mainly the older wireless ..
    All the new stuff is bi directional.
    More check ins with the panel and missing sensors are usually detected within 30 seconds .. Also once jam detect is turned on you'll be fine.
    All the new stuff is on a secure frequency. Each manufacture uses a different frequency and some panels are capable of detecting background rag interference and can ignore it.. Such a panel is the risco that was recommended.
    Full of features and a free app ! No fees

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

stuartkee wrote: »
    who has it stocked ?

REW also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Hi,

My current system is an Aritech and it has a very small window where the messages are displayed.

T

What you would need if you already have a smartphone or tablet is a tiny computer to show a "clicky" interface on your phone or tablet and just translate that into whatever the RKP spews out when you push buttons on it

Easy enough - sniff whatever it spews and make your tiny puter do the same

altor wrote: »
    REW also.

Thanks , that the one I meant. RWL don't stock Risco.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

No problem.

Advertisement