Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genesis clones and wicks

Options
  • 24-03-2014 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I picked up a Genesis clone off FT a few weeks go (no sign of it yet, no surprise..). Any recommendations on the wick front in terms of longevity of the stock item, replacement interval and recommended material?

1421310-2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Wire mesh seems to be fairly common on these. Doesn't burn like cotton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Hate to say it but there are much better clones out there - I have one of these in a drawer and while it vaped great for a month or so the plating exposed the brass underneath very fast which lead to a tank spotted with green crap that really tasted nasty - I would not buy a any atomizer that was made of plated mystery metal ever again. SS or titanium thank you very much ;)

Wick though, personally I found #600 mesh with 3.75 wraps of .32mm kanthal was pretty much spot on with this Genny. However I like to run atties pretty hot compared to some people.

BTW there is a stainless version of this genny available - not from fasttech however

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

was.deevey wrote: »
    I it vaped great for a month or so the plating exposed the brass underneath very fast which lead to a tank spotted with green crap that really tasted nasty

You live and learn eh?

Wire mesh it is then.

Advertisement