Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaved legs: Really what is the point?

Options
  • 24-03-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭

Why do people in cycling shave their legs?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Makes them look sexier - well half the population anyway (in my opinion;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I crashed broke my pelvis and road rash a lot of road rash its shaven legs for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Why do people in cycling shave their legs?

Blatant homoeroticism. And there's nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do we really need to have this discussion again?
    It's a seasonal thing, although preferably reserved for Fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Beasty wrote: »
    It's a seasonal thing, although preferably reserved for Fridays

Sideburns are where it's at.
    We need scientific insight into the benefits of sideburns.

Links or pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Idleater wrote: »

Links or pictures.

It's all about beards in the peloton this year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 db2014

I had a bad crash last year and ripped my leg open, Didnt have them shaved and a lot of hair got into the cut and got infected....Thats the reason I do it anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I do it cause it makes my legs look better and more defined...Also makes applying sunscreen easier and also massage rub application easier too...As I've proper hairy legs:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

Are you using your regular gilette stuff or you connect with your softer side and nick your wifes/gfs utensils?

Will the pink colored shaver be better for leg shavin comparing to gun metal grey colored for the upper body shaves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Yeah, let's stop people from talking about anything that's ever been talked about before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

beards ftw.

Idleater wrote: »

Links or pictures.
    HaHa! - if they would allow me on a bike I could be the peerfect test case as they shavved off one of my sideburne last week when undergoing sugery on the cheek. Hence I now have just the one - the other is stubbling up (along with the rest of my face lenny as shaving is too painful at present)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

along with the rest of my face lenny

what on earth is a face lenny?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

omri wrote: »
    Are you using your regular gilette stuff or you connect with your softer side and nick your wifes/gfs/husbands/bfs utensils?

Fixed. We live in a colourful society. It's not all b&w.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Because the it's against the rulesnot to shave your legs!

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭fixie fox

It's a form of tattoo - a statement that you belong to a particular gang and are not just a wannabe pretender (I.e. A 'Fred')

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I shave my legs so they'll let me on the party bus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Some people probably have a life outside of boards, not glued to it waiting to call people out on repeating threads :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    I shave my legs so they'll let me on the party bus.

If you shave your chest we will let you into the VIP section.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thinking of going down the shaved leg route this year. Tested out an epilator - unbelievably sore. Never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thinking of going down the shaved leg route this year. Tested out an epilator - unbelievably sore. Never use.
    Spray-on Veet works very effectively, but watch the overspray. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

If the forest is thick, then use a clippers first, then follow up with a shave or veet stuff. Whatever takes your fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

whupdedo wrote: »
    Some people probably have a life outside of boards, not glued to it waiting to call people out on repeating threads :rolleyes:

Yeah! Yeah! UTFS or Let me Google that for you!
    Lucena wrote: »
    Yeah, let's stop people from talking about anything that's ever been talked about before.

Meh!

article-2324639-002DF46500000258-583_634x425.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

HaHa! - if they would allow me on a bike I could be the peerfect test case as they shavved off one of my sideburne last week when undergoing sugery on the cheek. Hence I now have just the one - the other is stubbling up (along with the rest of my face lenny as shaving is too painful at present)

You won't know until you're back on your bike but please let us know if one sideburn causes you to drift to the same side as the burn. You know, for science and shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

If you race then shaved legs are less of an infection hazard in case of a crash. Last year I went down at speed in a race and all that hair was a b*tch to get out of the wounds.

I don't plan on crashing in races or training or commuting this year but just in case the legs will be hairless.

Veet looks like is working well for me, though I needed a lot of it, full two bottles.

You won't know until you're back on your bike but please let us know if one sideburn causes you to drift to the same side as the burn. You know, for science and shít.
    If only it was on the other side I reckon any aero advantage would help me when track racing. The right side of the face travels maybe a metre further than the left side per lap on the track so any potential advantage on the right is worth investigating;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Hmmzis wrote: »
    If you race then shaved legs are less of an infection hazard in case of a crash. Last year I went down at speed in a race and all that hair was a b*tch to get out of the wounds.

I bet you're not one of those people who would get huge satisfaction trying to pick out hair from the scab for the next 3 weeks then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

How high up does one go as standard if shaving the legs?

And why aren't arms shaved too, if the infection risk is so high with unshaven legs? It isn't anyway-unshaven skin heals quicker and is less likely to get infected. All shaving does is makes the dressings easier to get off. Ya big wusses.

Advertisement