Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose between.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Trek has a significantly higher quality groupset.

Don't much like that paintjob though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Yeap, the Trek isn't much of a looker but it's definitely the better bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Kinda like the look of the trek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The trek has the better spec by a long shot but its a trek.

Why are you limiting yourself to those two bikes? if your budget is in or around the €1700 mark then there are a multitude of bikes within your reach. The Specialized you linked to has a 9speed sora groupset which is one step from the bottom of the shimano range. With your budget you should get at least 105 if not Ultegra/105 mix groupset.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭gerarda

Sorry, I should have also mentioned that I will not be racing - leisure use only.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Cjc999 is right with your budget you should be getting at least 105

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why those 2 bikes? There's much better value out there.

Like this,

http://planetxireland.com/products-page/rt57/planet-x-rt-57-ultegra-spec/

Might not exactly suit you, but it's an example.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭gerarda

Cheers, they don't have my size in stock but they can always order it. I like the fact the cables on the Specialized are routed internally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

gerarda wrote: »
    Cheers, they don't have my size in stock but they can always order it. I like the fact the cables on the Specialized are routed internally though.
    Is that worth dropping 3 levels with the components? Ultegra > 105 > Tiagra > Sora

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=68716

You'll likely get 10% of that price instore. I have the aluminium version and it's very comfortable

http://buckleycycles.ie/?wpsc-product=ridley-fenix-105-c40

Really like these bikes as well know two people with them who are very happy with them.

Have the Planet x rt57 on order myself if you order now you could be waiting a while. It's a different style of bike than you are looking for though I think. The rt 58 would have more relaxed geometry and designed with comfert in mind. Hard to look past Planet x or canyon for value, though there are lots of bargains to be had in sales if you look around the online shops

• Advertisement
Advertisement