Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad iphone repair in Galway

Options
  • 24-03-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster!
    My problem is that I got an iphone with a charging problem fixed in a repair shop in Galway city. I had heard a few rumours that things could get 'dodgey' with these repairs so I kept receipt etc. The charging problem (not charging) came back 4-5 days after the repair. I went back to the shop and was told I would need to pay another €35 to get it 'properly fixed' I asked what the initial €40 had been for and was told that these things happen. I was told that there was a guarantee with the repair but this was a different repair. It bloody well obviously wasn't!! They had the phone for 3 days, how did they not spot this in the first place. I think I'm being taken for a fool, I have the phone, does anyone have any advice?
    please and thanks in advance
    Dec

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster!
    My problem is that I got an iphone with a charging problem fixed in a repair shop in Galway city. I had heard a few rumours that things could get 'dodgey' with these repairs so I kept receipt etc. The charging problem (not charging) came back 4-5 days after the repair. I went back to the shop and was told I would need to pay another €35 to get it 'properly fixed' I asked what the initial €40 had been for and was told that these things happen. I was told that there was a guarantee with the repair but this was a different repair. It bloody well obviously wasn't!! They had the phone for 3 days, how did they not spot this in the first place. I think I'm being taken for a fool, I have the phone, does anyone have any advice?
    please and thanks in advance
    Dec

There's an iPhone/iPad/iPod forum here with people who know a bit about repairs that might be able to help: iDevices forum

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Use thread in CI here:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89606387

Op just pick one relevant forum and post it their than multiple times please.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement