Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To All the Bikes We've Loved Before....

Options
  • 24-03-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭

So how many bikes have passed through your doors through the years?
    Any regrets?
    Favourites?

Here's mine....(1999-2014)

Trek 1000 (first bike, decent starter)
    Look Carbon (can't remember which model, big jump up from the Trek obviously)
    Bianchi C2C Via Nirone (slow and heavy frame)
    Hong-Fu Carbon with Ultegra (decent bike but frame was too big for me)
    Colnago C40 (fast but again frame was too big for me)
    Pinarello FP1 (decent carbon/alloy frame)
    Giant TCR T-Mobile (comfortable and fast but couldn't live with the T-Mobile pink)
    Canyon UCF (very fast but very stiff and tiring)
    BMC Roadracer SL01 (the one that got away, fast and comfortable frame but I found the ride very harsh. I realise now that was down to the 25mm gatorskins :()
    Felt F95 (winter bike, but comfortable and enjoyable to ride)
    Cervelo R3 SL (my fred moment, I'm too slow and should never have bought it)
    Felt Z5 (great spec and good going uphill. Not so good coming downhill though, too upright and tall, felt like being on a penny farthing!)
    Scott CR1 (my (one and only) current steed, possibly the nicest bike I've owned. Seems to be a perfect blend of speed and comfort.)

CPL 593H

Comments

Advertisement