Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldis medion lifetab, strange problem.

Options
  • 24-03-2014 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah so I bought one of these for my mother in law, and while it serves her needs very well, it recently developed a problem which is an odd one.

Recently, she asked me to take the tablet home with me as it was behaving oddly. So I took it home and immediately upon booking up I could see a problem.

The display on the screen is like a mirror image, I.E, all the text etc is back to front. When you Pull down the notification bar, all the setting tabs have to be pressed in traverse order, if I can try and explain, let's say at the top I have three boxes in this order, wifi, Bluetooth, battery.

If I press battery, it selects wifi, and pressing wifi selects the battery.

All text is displayed back to front, ditto app icons etc.

I pressed the reset button at the start, and it booted up normally again. However after using the tablet for a bit, updating firmware etc, a reset of the unit resulted in the problem returning.

Now reset does nothing, and I just did a factory reset this morning, erasing everything and the problem persists.

They are due to sell these on Thurs again so will be there early for an exchange. But I'm curios as to whether anyone else has had these problems?

Googling the problem doesn't bring up much unfortunately.

Anyone any suggestions or ideas?

Advertisement