Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding with DSPCA?

Options
  • 24-03-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Has anyone used the boarding facilities at DSCPA? Wondering how you found their pet hotel and if you think your dog was well looked after and exercised enough? Leaving my dog for 10 days looking for a good boarding option - preferably where they will have a chance to play with other dogs during the day. Their facilities look very clean and safe... looking for advice for those who have left their dogs with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

cbd18 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the boarding facilities at DSCPA? Wondering how you found their pet hotel and if you think your dog was well looked after and exercised enough? Leaving my dog for 10 days looking for a good boarding option - preferably where they will have a chance to play with other dogs during the day. Their facilities look very clean and safe... looking for advice for those who have left their dogs with them.

Never used them but got a tour. I would say they are very good. The only thing I didn't like is the way the kennels are facing each other. The day I was there they completely covered one side of one dogs kennel with newspaper as he was going mad at a dog across from him! And another dog kept drooling literally puddles which they told me was from stress (maybe from owner but I doubt the dog across eyeballing him helped!). I was in the kitchen part and they seemed very diligent with regard to dogs on meds and their own food. (They write messages on the tiles). Also I think lights out are at 7 which is a bit early

Yeah used them plenty of times, would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I would recommend them. Great staff, the dogs are very much loved/interacted with, get a good amount of walks each day. You do also have the option for boarding/daycare if you feel your dog would enjoy the company of other dogs, but you would need to inform them that you would like this option.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Advertisement