Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9" & 7"Slim tablet £49.99 Amazon 50% off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sxejim

Yes its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Oh that's good. I was sucked in by the 50% "limited time sale" :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭mcw92

Much better off spending the extra and going for a second hand nexus 7 2012 edition.

Sorry meant to add 'for the extra'
    One could be got for around 95/100 euro

Difference in quality would be hugely noticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

Would anyone know if i could use either of these to watch netflix etc on my tv through the hdmi connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

encore1 wrote: »
    Would anyone know if i could use either of these to watch netflix etc on my tv through the hdmi connection?

I would think so.....I don't use netflix, but have a cheap tablet with HDMI - very nice to connect it to the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

vienne86 wrote: »
    I would think so.....I don't use netflix, but have a cheap tablet with HDMI - very nice to connect it to the TV.

Thanks. I have a cheap one too but there's no hdmi port on it and my laptop just died so was thinking of getting a streaming box, but could this be a cheaper option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

£15 delivery to Ireland,its one for Parcel Motel if buying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

encore1 wrote: »
    Thanks. I have a cheap one too but there's no hdmi port on it and my laptop just died so was thinking of getting a streaming box, but could this be a cheaper option?

I don't think so, an Android TV box of the same specs would be cheaper and a hell of a lot more practical for a TV, especially seeing that you already have a tablet for other uses. I don't use Netflix so can't recommend a specific box that will run it properly but you could check over at the Android Devices forum, there's a few threads there about the Boxes. For around the 70 or 80 Euro mark you could move up to a nice quad core TV box with Ethernet ports etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

mcw92 wrote: »
    Much better off spending the extra and going for a second hand nexus 7 2012 edition.

Where ?

• Advertisement

banchang wrote: »
    Where ?

ATM i see one going on adverts.ie down for 99€ but could prob be got for less.

I can also find a few manufacturer refurbished units on eBay for around 90£ delivered via PM, which is under 110€.

It might be near twice the price but the difference in specs is a completely different league, not to mention, design/build quality, resale value, touchscreen quality. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

NATLOR wrote: »
    £15 delivery to Ireland,its one for Parcel Motel if buying

I have topped up my parcel motel account and tried to purchase this via parcel motel delivery address and i get the message "We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. Learn more "

anybody any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

I ordered thru amazon with delivery at 5.45£, total 55.44£ ~69€.....
    daisydood wrote: »
    I have topped up my parcel motel account and tried to purchase this via parcel motel delivery address and i get the message "We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. Learn more "

anybody any help?

Advertisement