Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike for a tall man??

Options
  • 23-03-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice here. After a few years out of the saddle (around 10) I'm looking to get a new road bike through the tax saver scheme. I'm aiming for something around the 1000 - 1300 bracket, I'm also 6'4" and was wondering am I limited in what I can get frame wise?

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It varies a bit depending on fit requirements, but 6ft4 is usually within the range of normal bike sizes.

German brands (e.g. Canyon) tend to go big, although Canyon themselves are a bit more hassle to buy on the BTW scheme due to them being outside Ireland (the VAT treatment is different).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Gaint XL

Trek 60cm-62cm both would suit 6,3 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

The Ridley Orion measures 'big'. At 6'2", my Large version is a touch too big for me - but your own flexibility will impact on this too. You may need an XL. Wigglele currently have the Orion in Large for just over €1100 - its a steal at that price. You would certainly have change from €1200 even after shipping costs. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ridley-orion-105-special-edition-2013/
    You may be able to find an Irish retailer who stocks it, but I'm not sure... You employer may also restrict which retailers you can use for the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

not yet wrote: »
    Gaint XL

Trek 60cm-62cm both would suit 6,3 plus

+1 for either of the above, I'm 6,6 and I have a defy xl and it fits really well

My brother owns a trek 62cm and is also 6,6

Advertisement