Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rocksmith

• 23-03-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

HI,
    Has anyone tried Rocksmith as a learning tool??
    Would you recommend??
    I can play a bit but seem to chop and change different genres,playing with a few friends,getting a lesson or two etc etc but its a very slow improvement.
    Anyways,don't have time for organized lessons for now.
    Basically at the mo I could do with learning at my pace in some sort of structured way on my own if that makes any sense.
    Would love to hear from anyone who has tried this .
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Yes, I think it's a great learning tool. I've bought both of them, Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014.

The original one was a bit flawed, the basic mechanics were good, but the menu interface had problems (e.g. you had to tune before every song).

I got Rocksmith 2014 recently and they've fixed all the interface problems, it's a brilliant game now.

The main part is learning the songs, and there are a lot of tools built in to make them easier to learn. There are also a good few lessons on techniques, and I'm finding them pretty good too.

The best thing about it is it's very good at making it fun to learn (whereas traditional methods aren't always such fun), and as a result you're inclined to practice more.

You won't regret buying it imo, just make sure to get the 2014 edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Rocksmith 2014 is on Amazon for about 15 quid, dont think that version includes the cable though, even if you picked up the old version going cheap for the cable you would be able to import the songs from the original version into RS2014

Advertisement