Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tabletop Day 2014

Options
  • 23-03-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

This event is on Saturday 5th April this year. For people that don't know it from last year and don't want to click the link, this is basically just a day that is selected as a focus for people, shops and game companies to run events. Events can be anything from a group of friends playing in someone's house to a company like WotC booking a hotel and running a convention.

http://www.tabletopday.com/about/

There seems to be eight events already on the map for Ireland. I'm interested in participating in Dublin either by going to one of the events already on the map or simply using one of the tables that are available in Gamers World in Jervis Street. I'm also happy to bring/teach a game that people are interested in trying out. To that end here's a link to my BGG collection. Unfortunately, while I plan to make this a day long thing, I'd like to play a variety of games so really long games like Civilisation are not really suitable.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We're having a get together in ours for it. It was good craic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

The Last Chancers game club based out of the Hobby Shack in Wicklow Town will be running a day event.

The first half of the day will have participation / demo games in lots of different thigns - Warhammer Fantasy, 40K, Flames of War, Infinity, WarMachine etc. There'll also be lots of board games, including the classicl Space Crusade.

The 2nd half of the day will involve a paintathon with tips and advice by some award winning hobbyists.

Entry is €5 for the day.

I'll be there running Infinity games.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Jaysus. It looks like we have nearly 20 nutters coming to play games in our kitchen.

Can't flipping wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Jaysus. It looks like we have nearly 20 nutters coming to play games in our kitchen.

Can't flipping wait!

That's very cool.

For anyone in or around Limerick, check out the International Tabletop Day event at BroDay in UL. €5 in and all events free, with giveaways and prizes to be won.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Hey
    I'm new to the forum but would like to go to one of these
    I'm 13 if it makes any difference but would be fun
    Thanks

• Advertisement

SuperChar wrote: »
    Hey
    I'm new to the forum but would like to go to one of these
    I'm 13 if it makes any difference but would be fun
    Thanks

Where are you situated SuperChar?

GodlessM wrote: »
    Where are you situated SuperChar?
    Dublin

Dublin

There are plenty of events on, and while I can't comment on most of them, I'm pretty sure Gamer's World welcome gamers of all ages.

Kwl thank you

Also I have a group of friends who I would like to play games with,but I want to ease them in before we start playing really compilcated stuff
    Any advice on games to start with?
    We're 12-14 if it makes a difference

• Advertisement

Also I have a group of friends who I would like to play games with,but I want to ease them in before we start playing really compilcated stuff
    Any advice on games to start with?
    We're 12-14 if it makes a difference

Depends on what ye're into, but Ticket to Ride is a great gateway game. Easy but still fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Longstone in dublin, 12pm
    http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Ireland/events/174868102/

I think people enjoy ticket to ride far more than me, still like it though.

Just realised that I can't go to this
    Anyway have fun to whoever is going to go
    Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

SuperChar, my daughter is 12 and really likes the following: Coup, Tsuro, Ticket to Ride, King of Tokyo... and most recently, Love Letter. Be sure to give them a shot when you get a chance.

Advertisement