Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kayfun lite

Options
  • 23-03-2014 4:28pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

looking at all the reviews here, i'm thinking of giving fast tech a bash and go for a kayfun lite and a battery mod, move away from the ego twits and nova minis. rebuilding looks a little messy, is there a good guide anywhere, also batteries, what to look for, ideally on fast tech, i'd be ordering the whole lot from fast tech and maybe some juices, so any tips on wicks and such also appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Well if it was a mod from fastech I would be torn between a Nimbus and a Chiyou tbh....both lovely and very good mods. IMR batteries with AW on them are the best, dearer but last longer than the Efest but you basically get what you pay for.

The Kayfun lite has a great reputation and possibly the best atomiser out there, wicks....most people will encourage you to use cotton....and make your own coils so some Kanthal wire too...

The difference between what you are thinking of and what you are using is huge....you may have to drop your nic level, I certainly had to and will have to again...was on 24mg, now on 18mg and next will try 12mg.....

Anyway you are in the right place for questions, there is a ton of knowledge on here and elsewhere about vaping.

Great choice on the Kayfun btw....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

move away from the ego twits
    They're not that bad.

Nemesis Clone (estimated week until it ships).
    Possible magnet upgrade (not necessary).
    Batteries (estimated 2 days until they ship).
    Fasttech don't do Kanthal wire (0.30mm/AWG28).
    They have Nichrome but just in case you ever end up working with mesh get the Kanthal, it's cheap enough wherever you buy it & a coil that costs less than 1c in materials and lasts for weeks and weeks isn't worth getting frugal over.
    Wick. Lifetime supply.
    Ohm meter.
    Charger: This is an okay charger, fast enough, a bit delicate.
    Kayfun Clone (estimated week until it ships).
    Nano upgrade kit to make it dinkier.
    Our very own awatch's vid is a highly recommended Kayfun build on many forums and will keep you from making the mistakes so many KF owners have made themselves.

Yes, he does talk a lot, but we love him all the same. It's that sexy drawl, I think.

What to look for in general - reviews of items.
    Try not to get chromed brass items as the chrome wears off and then you'll have flakey, possibly green juice, as well as a fairly ugly shiny mod when new.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

well that video broke it all down very well. regards the nemesis, just pick it up from fast tech, bang in the batteries charged and away you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yep. You'll probably rebuild a couple of times your first couple of days with the Kayfun and getting used to voltage sag (unless you get a Kick?) as you find your sweet spot. When using a battery without a Kick you want the wattage to be just a little higher that you'd like it to be when the battery is fresh off the charger, that way you get more use of the battery's charge as the voltage decreases.
    If you get a Kick you can use it with the 18650s (v.lengthy with a Kayfun, about 8") or use 18500 or 18350 IMRs to run the Nemesis in smaller length set-ups, you set the wattage you prefer, the voltage will be regulated for you.
    Swings and roundabouts!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

bit the bullet, ordered

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1692600
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/1628900
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/1630300
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/1649900

for wick and coil, I have a friend whom can sort all the building out for me, thats all I need so is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Looks good as long as you have a charger and a multi/ohm meter.

I would get a few spare plastic tanks for the kayfun as well.
    Some juices can crack tanks or you might drop it and it's along wait for replacements.

Just a heads up,
    looks like China Post is delaying FT orders checking for liquids and batteries atm.

Destination Country - Ireland:Tracking Consuming:2153 Millisecond
    Origin Country - China:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2014/05/24 16:14:28
    2014-05-23 12:29, 广州国际, 出口总包互封开拆, 爱尔兰, Opening, IE
    2014-05-16 13:03, 惠州市函件局, 收寄局收寄, 爱尔兰, Collection, IE

Just a heads up,
    looks like China Post is delaying FT orders checking for liquids and batteries atm.

Destination Country - Ireland:Tracking Consuming:2153 Millisecond
    Origin Country - China:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2014/05/24 16:14:28
    2014-05-23 12:29, 广州国际, 出口总包互封开拆, 爱尔兰, Opening, IE
    2014-05-16 13:03, 惠州市函件局, 收寄局收寄, 爱尔兰, Collection, IE

Only in ireland now, still waiting delivery. OK so I need a ohm meter ,charger, wire and wick, thinking the best shop, which wire should I go for

.3 Kantal is a good all rounder and easier to work with than the thinner ones until you get the hang of coiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Kayfun is an easy build. Get organic cotton, boil it, let it dry and thats your wick.

As for Kanthal, I wouldnt go above 28g, make a nice tight coil and fill with cotton, lots of tutorials online.

You will then need your mod, 18650 mod recommended or telescopic. Also would recommend 2 of whatever size batteries to have in rotation.

Meter for checking ohms whether you want to get a 510 specific one or a multimeter in the local hardware shop

Charger for these batteries, I would recommend a 4 slot one, because you will end up getting more batteries and its a pain in the hole having 6 batteries and only able to charge 1 or 2 at a time.

I wouldnt buy juice from Fasttech, something always told me that it could be piss. I would go to Bargain Vapour and make use of their 100ml sale. 13 euro or something.

The bug will then bite so if your gonan buy from Fasttech you will be waiting a while for your delivery so pick yourself up a tobh or a nimbus atty just for being made wait haha

p.s. when building you would make good use of a good tweezers, small like wire snipper thing, and jewlers screwdriver set for both wrapping your could on the 2mm screwdriver and also screw and unscrewing screws in your kayfun and future attys

• Advertisement
Advertisement