Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Vivobook S200E @ Tesco Direct - €325.66 Delivered via PM

Options
  • 23-03-2014 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

Another bargain spotted over on hukd

Asus S200E 11.6-inch Touchscreen VivoBook
    asus-s200e-c157h-116-touch-notebook-dc987u-4gb-500gb-w8-p1977-6438_medium.jpg
    4GB RAM
    500GB HDD
    11.6 inch Touchscreen
    Intel pentium 1.5 GHz processor
    Intuitive touch - utilising Windows 8 operating system to the full
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/asus-s200e-pentium-dual-core-4gb-500gb-dark-grey-laptop/303-4345.prd

Same laptop on amazon for €413 Link

When buying add ecoupon code TDX-PR4N (valid for first time customers only) at the checkout to get £10 off. Get it delivered via Parcel Motel as Tesco Direct don't deliver to ROI.

£279-£10=£269 (€322.16)
    One stay at parcel motel €3.50
    Total cost €325.66

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Catalogue Number: 303-4345

★★★★★
    ★★★★★
    Overall rating value is 4 of 5 stars.
    4 out of 5 rating.4.0 Rating out of 5 stars. (26)

Read more at http://www.tesco.com/direct/ASUS%20S200E%20Pentium%20Dual-Core%204GB%20500GB%20Dark%20Grey%20Laptop/303-4345.prd#bxOpdX5xQB8bV2Sl.99

Great reviews but

This requires an adult to sign upon delivery

Does Parcel Motel do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Catalogue Number: 303-4345

★★★★★
    ★★★★★
    Overall rating value is 4 of 5 stars.
    4 out of 5 rating.4.0 Rating out of 5 stars. (26)

Read more at http://www.tesco.com/direct/ASUS%20S200E%20Pentium%20Dual-Core%204GB%20500GB%20Dark%20Grey%20Laptop/303-4345.prd#bxOpdX5xQB8bV2Sl.99

Great reviews but

This requires an adult to sign upon delivery

Does Parcel Motel do this?

Yeah they sign for them. I've ordered a couple of things in the past that were signed for. No problems there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes as Techguy says it will be signed for at Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Hi lads,

any idea how long delivery would take with this? My sister wants to buy a netbook but I'm trying to dissuade her and try to get her to buy this.

Problem is, she's moving abroad on Monday week and I'm wary that she wont get it in time. I have faith in Parcel Motel, Tesco, I'm not so sure. Might this get here in under a week?

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

any idea how long delivery would take with this? My sister wants to buy a netbook but I'm trying to dissuade her and try to get her to buy this.

Problem is, she's moving abroad on Monday week and I'm wary that she wont get it in time. I have faith in Parcel Motel, Tesco, I'm not so sure. Might this get here in under a week?
    If ordered today I'd say she'll have it Thursday or Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

What's the story with the billing address for the card? Tesco asks for a postcode but my billing address is an Irish address.

What do ye usually do?

Nokotan wrote: »
    What's the story with the billing address for the card? Tesco asks for a postcode but my billing address is an Irish address.

What do ye usually do?

You'll need to use parcel motels NI address. When signing up put your first name as your Pm ID (e.g PMOneTwoThreeFourFive) as it does not accept numbers in the name field and your surname as your full name (eg. John Doe) . Then when you've registered and added it to the cart you can edit your name on the delivery info to include numbers e.g PM 12345.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ando

Fantastic laptop for the price however on one of the reviews I viewed the guy commented that the inbuilt nic was limited to 100mbps. With the standard now being 1gbps and broadband suppliers providing 120/200/250mbps broadband, this 100mbps nic would be limiting, but I'm sure you could get something like a usb nic to get around this issue

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    You'll need to use parcel motels NI address. When signing up put your first name as your Pm ID (e.g PMOneTwoThreeFourFive) as it does not accept numbers in the name field and your surname as your full name (eg. John Doe) . Then when you've registered and added it to the cart you can edit your name on the delivery info to include numbers e.g PM 12345.

Cheers,

I meant for the billing address, just because I work for a bank myself and know that merchants may sometimes look to verify the billing address with the bank, if I put in Parcel Motel then it won't match.

In the end I just used the Parcel Motel postcode and my own home address. So far it seems like all is okay but I need to double check it in work tomorrow.

Nokotan wrote: »
    Cheers,

I meant for the billing address, just because I work for a bank myself and know that merchants may sometimes look to verify the billing address with the bank, if I put in Parcel Motel then it won't match.

In the end I just used the Parcel Motel postcode and my own home address. So far it seems like all is okay but I need to double check it in work tomorrow.

I've used the parcel motel address for both a couple of times now buying from tesco direct and never had a problem.

• Advertisement

I've used the parcel motel address for both a couple of times now buying from tesco direct and never had a problem.

I had issues buying from the UK Carphone Warehouse where they only accepted UK cards so had a niggling doubt that this wouldn't work. Either way, looks like it's gone through so happy days. Been needing a new laptop for a while. It was will be nice to be able to unplug a laptop and not have it turn off straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

I must be tired...

When I put the postcode in there's no parcel motel address on the drop down menu? i.e 1A McKinney Road, etc ...

What address are you guys using?

Dutchy wrote: »
    I must be tired...

When I put the postcode in there's no parcel motel address on the drop down menu? i.e 1A McKinney Road, etc ...

What address are you guys using?

You using BT36 4PE?

You using BT36 4PE?

Nope, I was using BT36 4PX as that's the number they have on the card they sent out to me. Dropped the X for the E and found it straight away so thanks for that. Ordered

Nope, I was using BT36 4PX as that's the number they have on the card they sent out to me. Dropped the X for the E and found it straight away so thanks for that. Ordered

Thats the old postcode, they changed it about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Just order one

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

It's a good price but you folks should look out for the Celeron 1007u model instead - this Pentium 987 is an older model of the s200. The 1007u comes up at a good price from time to time. Even better would be the i3, but of course that's quite a jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Don't forget that with Parcel Motel your standard liability cover is limited to €100.

Spend an additional €3.50 and it's increased to €500 for 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

The TDX-KH4C eCoupon code comes up as 'no longer valid'. Could anyone suggest another working code?

UPDATE:

Found site with available eCoupon codes here on Hot UK Deals..
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/direct.tesco.com?&closed=0

micka wrote: »
    The TDX-KH4C eCoupon code comes up as 'no longer valid'. Could anyone suggest another working code?
    Just updated the first post. TDX-PR4N gives you £10 off.

• Advertisement

Gone back up to £329 so deal is gonzo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Be really careful cleaning the screen.
    My friend was cleaning a smudge on the screan using a cloth when the screen cracked. It was 2 weeks old.

He sent it off to Asus who refused to repair it under warranty.

Asus wanted £184.14 (parts) plus £60.00 (labour) to repair the screen. That's Pounds, not Euro.

He decided to try someone local to fix it but Asus refused to return it until he paid £53.44 Inspection & Administration fee.

This was back in Nov '13. The screens are still too expensive to make it worthwhile to repair.

Collect machine from parcel motel - thanks OP

Handsome looking yoke but is anyone else experiencing difficulties downloading apps? Won't go any further than pending for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Collect machine from parcel motel - thanks OP

Handsome looking yoke but is anyone else experiencing difficulties downloading apps? Won't go any further than pending for me..

Mine arrived also good little machine. At first could not download then done some windows updates and all seems ok now.

Sorry forgot to say thanks op

Advertisement