Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertiliser query

Options
  • 23-03-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi, is it any harm to apply cut sward and slurry on silage ground on the same day? Any potential waste etc
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Its recommended that you apply slurry first then bag fertilizer at least 10 - 15 days later. Having said that I have emptied leftover bags of fertilizer into the slurry tank agitated and spread and noticed really good growth rates but it was during the summer. I dont think the growth rates are good enough yet so I`d be inclined to slurry first then go out with the spreader in a fortnights time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Omallep2 wrote: »
    Hi, is it any harm to apply cut sward and slurry on silage ground on the same day? Any potential waste etc
    Thanks

Wait at least one week between application of slurry and the fertiliser.
    Cut Sward as far as I remember is high in N.

Generally not recommended to put the two on together as it will cause loss of overall nitrogen

Advertisement