Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bvd sample used for anything else

Options
  • 23-03-2014 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Just wondering.
    Is the bvd sample be kept for records of any other kind?
    What I mean is if I get a calf bvd tested this year will they know if her calf. Is actually her calf in 3 or 4 years time.
    Is it all a ploy to build up a gene test to better trace farm to fork and cut out the dodgy work some ppl be up to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

satstheway wrote: »
    Just wondering.
    Is the bvd sample be kept for records of any other kind?
    What I mean is if I get a calf bvd tested this year will they know if her calf. Is actually her calf in 3 or 4 years time.
    Is it all a ploy to build up a gene test to better trace farm to fork and cut out the dodgy work some ppl be up to.

Dunno if they're kept but I was looking to get a few calves genotyped and they had to sent out a hair kit as they were unable to do it with the Bvd sample.
    I'm sure if it was to be used for traceability it wouldn't be a ploy, it would be fairly public in order to promote it

Advertisement